Video: Dak's bad plays of the game

acer941

Reaction score
Exactly as the Title say’s. A couple plays I thought was Discussion worthy on the Zone. Their not all bad plays and not all pointed at the QB, some are at the play calling others at the Defense or O-Line.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZWbNXVC

https://imgur.com/a/beh8mah

https://imgur.com/a/qYXTEQj

These plays are all from the second Quarter. I’ll post more later. But would love to hear everyone’s opinion on these select few plays..

acer941

Reaction score
Now as some of you may know. I’m not an Avid Dak fan. But he played an Overall decent game. Just some plays here & there that are not great.

(Side note: this post isn’t all about Dak’s bad plays, some I’m pointing out the play along especially down on the GoalLine.)

Proximo

Reaction score
LOL, well that’s an interesting way to celebrate a Thanksgiving day Cowboys win.

“Hmmm now I’ll put together a low-light reel and rewatch the plays that didn’t work in a game that we won and the offense scored 30 points”.

Wow.

JustChip

Reaction score
I'm neither a Dak "lover" nor "hater", I'm a Dak realist. But the post title is definitely slanted as well as the preponderance of plays you posted. Like @Proximo said, kind of strange way to celebrate a win. But since you invited comment about the posted plays I'll play along.

I was at the game and said from the moment they got the 1st and goal at the 4 to run the &*$% ball 3 times straight ahead. Now, that wouldn't have assured success since, as you saw later in the 4th quarter, they couldn't pick a 4th and a 1/2 yard. That said, the 1st down play call was good and Brown was wide open, but Washington sent 2 extra and Dak was backpedaling to buy time and just didn't have a enough on the ball. Maybe Dak could've stayed in there and delivered the ball and taken the hit, maybe not. Really not going to dog Dak on that.

The ball to Gallup at his feet was because Dak did what I and many others have complained he doesn't do, he stepped up into the pocket to let the line push the rush past. Unfortunately, he tripped and was going down as he threw the ball. That happens. It certainly wasn't because he just stood in there and one-hopped it for no reason.

Not sure what your point is on "Prescott taking the sack ….". There was nobody open. He might could've hit Jarwin, but by the time Jarwin sat down in the middle, Dak's sleeve had been grabbed.

You didn't post it but on the 90 yard TD play, Dak threw an absolute missile on target. Coop breaking the tackles is what made that a TD, but the pass made it a 30 yard completion as a minimum.

Again, you didn't post it, but the 5 yard scramble TD was incredible. But part of what made it incredible was Dak bailed into the pressure, but he made lemonade out of lemons. That's some of what he brings to the table to offset what his deficiencies.

Same with the pass to Beas when it should've been a sack.

I was disappointed the pass to Gallup on the last possession was short because that might have been another long TD, but Gallup still could've caught it and probably should've. However, EVERY QB (except maybe Brees right now) misses some of those - Matty Ice missed at least 2 the game before.

Overall, the only negative critique I would have on Dak for the game is he was a little slow on some of his progressions and he found receivers a little to late. Two completions come to mind that would've been 1st downs had he found them sooner (one to a TE and one to Beas). But he didn't turn the ball over and absolutely was a significant factor in winning. It seems people are just too hyper-critical.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score