Dak's Feet

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
I see a lot posts about Dak's footwork and mechanics. What I'm not seeing in those posts, is that Dak's feet point naturally outward. Even when he runs. Here's good read on outward pointing feet. It's rather lengthy, so if you're interested in reading the entire article, it might be a good idea to print it out and take it with you on your next visit to the john.

http://sortyourpostureout.com/why-your-turned-out-duck-feet-are-trashing-your-body/

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think his problem is more when he has people breathing down his neck. He gets happy feet. His rookie year I never heard it mentioned. Lol

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
I think his problem is more when he has people breathing down his neck. He gets happy feet. His rookie year I never heard it mentioned. Lol

My understanding is that QB should point his feet at his intended target. But Dak's feet point naturally outward. I don't know how much that contributes to inaccuracy. But I would think it contributes some. Maybe force him to rely more on his arm than his legs and core.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That is a site to sort out posture from a guy who basically has a blog... and we’re listening to him opine on NFL QB’s??

lol

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This is Qb 101... it all starts with their feet. In order to be solid and accurate they need to have their feet set, and pointed AT their target. It makes the whole throwing motion more stream lined and less chance of a negative throw. Plant feet, pointed @ target, set hips, waist, shoulders and release. Try it sometime, I'm no expert but that is how I teach my grandsons to throw any ball, but especially a football and a baseball. Heck even the great deflator Brady isn't so great when he's having to dodge and run for his life in the pocket, WHICH BTW Dak did ALOT of last season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see a lot posts about Dak's footwork and mechanics. What I'm not seeing in those posts, is that Dak's feet point naturally outward. Even when he runs. Here's good read on outward pointing feet. It's rather lengthy, so if you're interested in reading the entire article, it might be a good idea to print it out and take it with you on your next visit to the john.

http://sortyourpostureout.com/why-your-turned-out-duck-feet-are-trashing-your-body/

It's funny how people get all worked up that a 2nd year QB has things to work on his game still. LOL

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
It's funny how people get all worked up that a 2nd year QB has things to work on his game still. LOL

All players and all positions can improve something about their game. No matter how good they are. Same as anybody in any walk of life.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All players and all positions can improve something about their game. No matter how good they are. Same as anybody in any walk of life.

What is your point? If you understand football then you understand that this is typically more dramatic and important with the QB position. Most important and complicated position in all of sports. Are you actually insinuating that the QB position is like any other in football in that way?

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
What is your point? If you understand football then you understand that this is typically more dramatic and important with the QB position. Most important and complicated position in all of sports. Are you actually insinuating that the QB position is like any other in football in that way?

I'm not insinuating anything. Just made a general statement.I didn't realize we talking about the importance of improving one's game. Like I said, all players at all positions can improve their game.

A successful play is dependent on all 11 guys on the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not insinuating anything. Just made a general statement.I didn't realize we talking about the importance of improving one's game. Like I said, all players at all positions can improve their game.

A successful play is dependent on all 11 guys on the field.

You forgot one:

You have to outscore the other team

Blackrain

Reaction score
I will give you an Amen on that . Crazy how people want to criticize Dak like he should be a finished product drafted from he 4th round and thrown to the Wolves without time to sit with a clip board and learn.

I mean should franchise QBs just emerge from the womb turnkey ready to take you to a championship in yr 2 and if not scrap them and start over like say Cleveland now theres a successful franchise LOLOL.
Heck we gave Romo and Garrett a decade with no results can we just get behind this kid for another yr and see if he can improve with a healthy suspension free team

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I will give you an Amen on that . Crazy how people want to criticize Dak like he should be a finished product drafted from he 4th round and thrown to the Wolves without time to sit with a clip board and learn.

I mean should franchise QBs just emerge from the womb turnkey ready to take you to a championship in yr 2 and if not scrap them and start over like say Cleveland now theres a successful franchise LOLOL.
Heck we gave Romo and Garrett a decade with no results can we just get behind this kid for another yr and see if he can improve with a healthy suspension free team

I agree. The kid already had a suspect defense, suspect receivers, and bad coaching. So the ONLY two things left he had got taken away in his 2nd year, the Oline and Zeke, and people were shocked he struggled?

Fan54

Reaction score
Most folks' feet do naturally point outward to some degree..unless Dak has 'Charlie Chaplin Syndrome', he should be able to make the adjustment just fine..the head in the game thing, though...too much thinking will get you smacked...This season should be a step or two up for Dak...if not, maybe Dak IS a fourth rounder...

Blackrain

Reaction score
I agree. The kid already had a suspect defense, suspect receivers, and bad coaching. So the ONLY two things left he had got taken away in his 2nd year, the Oline and Zeke, and people were shocked he struggled?[/QUOTE

I think MOST of the fans that are ULTRA critical of Dak were deeply invested in Romo more than they are the Cowboys. That is not to say that Daks flaws should not be discussed and critiqued but many of these critics just continue to Dwell on the same negatives and brush the positive things to the side like they don't exist .

I really don't see how anybody who claims to be a Cowboys fan couldn't be excited about the skillset Dak brings to our team and see that the positives far out weigh the negatives.

Real Cowboy fans realize it takes a young QB some time to mature and get all parts of there game down . Romo first supporters feel the need to bash him and dwell on anything negative before he is a finished product and eclipses there heros achievements .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure if Dak was wearing a backwards baseball cap we would hear about that as well. lol Dak went out on his time and put in the work with ( John Beck in the program designed by noted quarterback tutors Tom House and Adam Dedeaux) we will see soon how much this has helped Dak.