Dallas +1.5 points vs. Eagles

Grevus

Reaction score
I was surprised to see this line come out. I thought the Cowboys would be considered the better team. Vegas has the Cowboys at +1.5.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I don't put much stock in what Vegas says anyway. If the team goes out there and plays smart everything will be alright.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grevus;2519705 said:
I was surprised to see this line come out. I thought the Cowboys would be considered the better team. Vegas has the Cowboys at +1.5.
That's to offset the 1.5 referees in the Eagles favor :)

AKATheRake

Reaction score
That's because of this teams history in December, big games, Philly's strong play at home this year as they are outscoring their opponents at home almost 2:1. The Witten injury who is Romo's "go to guy". Wade Phillips history in winning big games as a HC. Other than the talent we have on paper Philly has all the chips right now. Better coach to boot. I'm not surprised 1 bit. Might go up to +2.5 by Sunday. If Dawkins was not hurt it would already be at Dallas +3

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Grevus;2519705 said:

Vegas does consider the Cowboys the better team. + 1.5 means that the Cowboys are 1.5 point favorites. If the game were on a neutral field, they would be favored by 4.5, and if at Texas Stadium, 7.5 favorites.

Nexx

Reaction score
LandryFan;2519762 said:
Vegas does consider the Cowboys the better team. + 1.5 means that the Cowboys are 1.5 point favorites. If the game were on a neutral field, they would be favored by 4.5, and if at Texas Stadium, 7.5 favorites.

uh no. im too drunk to explain it to you right now but you are wrong.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Nexx;2519778 said:
uh no. im too drunk to explain it to you right now but you are wrong.

You may be drunk, but you are correct. I am wrong. I have it bass ackwards. I agree that it is strange that the Cowboys are dogs. I really thought they would be slight favorites. :laugh1:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
LandryFan;2519784 said:
You may be drunk, but you are correct. I am wrong. I have it bass ackwards. I agree that it is strange that the Cowboys are dogs. I really thought they would be slight favorites. :laugh1:

Philly is the favorite in this game according to the spread but in regards to home field they give a FG advantage to the home team when it's 2 teams with similar records like this. They actually see Dallas and Philly as almost equal teams but the home advantage (-3) is what's putting Philly as the slight favorite right now. Philly is outscoring their opponents 206 - 112 at home over 7 games. That's a difference of a little more than 13 points a game. 13.42 if you round it off. That's dominating.

LandryFan

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2519793 said:
Philly is the favorite in this game but in regards to home field they give a FG advantage to the home team when it's 2 teams with similar records. They actually see Dallas and Philly as almost equal teams but the home advantage (-3) is what's putting Philly as the slight favorite.

Thanks, Rake. I realized I was wrong when I saw Nexx's response.