Dallas could make a huge statement Sunday. I wish they could read this.

Champsheart

Reaction score
I think if the chance comes the Dallas Cowboys have a chance to really make a statement to the entire Football world this weekend.

I would love to see T.O. score a touchdown, and then the whole team go to him in the endzone to congratulate him.

Nothing fancy, just everyone going over and taping his helmet.

Yes, this would get a 15 yard penalty, but it would be a huge statment. Basically the whole team saying forget everyone else, WE ARE WITH YOU! Let everyone see it.
I still keep hearing is T.O. worth it, is Dallas better off without him, is this a distraction, blah, blah, blah.
Let the team answer all those questions to everyone, everywhere.

I also think Parcells would not mind this penalty. Actually I think Parcells is not saying a whole lot about anything about T.O. because he wants the team to handle it. He wants to see leaders step in and take over.

I know it probably will not happen, but it would be sweet in my mind.

parchy

Reaction score
I've been thinking about how good I think this team is since 27-10. I don't see how they miss the playoffs, but I guess I thought the same thing at 7-3 last year.

They ain't perfect, but this is probably the best team the Cowboys have had since they last won a Super Bowl. And that is exciting.

Catch-22

Reaction score
I don't know, that sounds pretty lame, and I'd think it'd only elevate the perception that the universe revolves around 81.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
He should score a TD, then pull 2 hydrocodones out of his sock and take em.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
IMO, any type of staged team celebration at this point would be a negative statement.

I am sure behind closed doors many Cowboys players have expressed their concerns and built a relationship further, that is something that the media and world doesnt need to feed off.

Especially against the Titans.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Big D;1059712 said:
41-0.

Thats the statement I want made.

41-0 reminds me of 1986...When the Bears came in and whooped us 44-0. Made the front page of Sports Illustrated and started the talked of their championship that year.

44-0 sounds good to me, but against Philly next week.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The ideal statement to make is your win loss record at the end of the season. Convincingly beating a respected division opponent or an elite team would be making a statement.

Beating a struggling winless team is expected and crowing about it would amount to false bravado.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hey Champs, I'm with you.

This TO incident this week HAS brought the team closer together - we know that from the photos and the quotes.

It doesn't need to be a 'rehearsed' thing (like every player hauling out a Sharpie), but it would be sweet if WE the fans could get a spontaneous demo of the bond we know grew tighter this week.

If TO scores, I think we will see a LOT of congratulations from his team-mates.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm not into some contrived, rehearsed show of support.

All preseason, and this season, we've had to watch Donovan McNabb mugging like an idiot anytime the camera pans to him on the sideline, suddenly (shockingly) cracking jokes with his receivers, and showing what a solid team they are.

It makes me want to throw up.

So, they can just come tap him, whatever, when they feel like it. No need for a big production.

J-DOG

Reaction score
I think one of the things the offense needs is chemistry and this whole TO media driven controversy is the kind of thing that can create that.
Look...like him or not, you have to see how unfairly the media has been to him since he got here.
He missed practices because of his hamstring in training camp...so what...so did Hines Ward and Steve Smith. I didn't hear how they were creating team distractions.
Now this whole accidental overdose thing has come out and the media is reporting everything they get thier hands on before they know if it's true or not.
Now we get to hear amatuer shrinks on the sports radio try and tell us that TO needs to seek professional help.
That's unfair to TO. To anybody.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Forget T.O. The statement that needs to be made is something like 31-14 against a vastly inferior team. They can't be screwing around with a 14-10 lead in the 4th quarter. They are better than Tennessee and they really need to show us that. The best thing they could do to quiet this T.O. circus is to win big.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Champsheart;1059694 said:
I think if the chance comes the Dallas Cowboys have a chance to really make a statement to the entire Football world this weekend.

I would love to see T.O. score a touchdown, and then the whole team go to him in the endzone to congratulate him.

Yes, this would get a 15 yard penalty, but it would be a huge statment. Basically the whole team saying forget everyone else, WE ARE WITH YOU! Let everyone see it.
I still keep hearing is T.O. worth it, is Dallas better off without him, is this a distraction, blah, blah, blah.

I also think Parcells would not mind this penalty. Actually I think Parcells is not saying a whole lot about anything about T.O. because he wants the team to handle it. He wants to see leaders step in and take over.

You are right about Parcells wanting his team to handle it. Spot on my friend!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
who would the Cowboys be making a statement to? us? or the media? if it's either of those options, I don't really care, cuz to me, the only statement Dallas needs to make is that they are a serious contender to the rest of the teams out there for a championship, although I would take a division crown

Novacek84

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1059841 said:
who would the Cowboys be making a statement to? us? or the media? if it's either of those options, I don't really care, cuz to me, the only statement Dallas needs to make is that they are a serious contender to the rest of the teams out there for a championship, although I would take a division crown

I think they need to make a statement to anyone who is following them, whether it's us, other teams or media. The reason is that no one is really sure if this team is a serious Super Bowl contender. In my view, a serious contender goes out and buries a team like the Titans as they are supposed to. If Dallas plays down to the level of their competition tomorrow it would be a bad omen. It would be a bad sign that this team truly hasn't got what it takes in terms of player leadership. I think we will see if this tream has the leadership it needs from these players based on how they play tomorrow. Sometimes you have to apply a hurting to a bad team to truly establish your identity as a team. That's why this game is important and interesting. Lose this and we could be looking at 1-3 after next week.

Angus

Reaction score
Novacek84;1059846 said:
I think they need to make a statement to anyone who is following them, whether it's us, other teams or media. The reason is that no one is really sure if this team is a serious Super Bowl contender. In my view, a serious contender goes out and buries a team like the Titans as they are supposed to. If Dallas plays down to the level of their competition tomorrow it would be a bad omen. It would be a bad sign that this team truly hasn't got what it takes in terms of player leadership. I think we will see if this tream has the leadership it needs from these players based on how they play tomorrow. Sometimes you have to apply a hurting to a bad team to truly establish your identity as a team. That's why this game is important and interesting. Lose this and we could be looking at 1-3 after next week.

I agree Dallas need to win the game, but that's the only statement the team needs to make. The team itself already knows whether it is coelescing, and so do the coaches. It makes no difference whether other people know it or not. There are many things the team and coaches know which other people can only guess at, and don't really need to know!! That the team won or lost each game is the only thing that really matters to others.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Champsheart;1059694 said:

1. Why does T.O. deserve to have the whole team tap his helmit just because he scores a TD? Isn't that what we pay him to do?

2. I'd prefer the Cowboys focus on playing football rather than sending messages to the media or anyone else.

3. If you really think Parcells would not mind a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff after scoring a TD because it would be so beautiful to see the team tapping T.O. on the helmit in the endzone, you are really in LALA Land, no offense.

*** Here's what I'd like to see:

I'd like to see the Dallas Cowboys send a message this weekend by beating the crap out of the Titans...I'd love to see anyone scoring TD's...and I'd like to see them hand the ball to the ref and move to the sidelines for their teammates congratulations, acting like they've been there before and intend to get there again.

Please, just get back to football and start playing it well in all three aspects of the game.