Dallas Cowboys’ Mike McCarthy Reveals Value of ‘Playoff-Like Schedule’: ‘Looking Forward To It!’-

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t a team to back down from a challenge, though. For coach Mike McCarthy, the Cowboys’ late-season gauntlet is just a chance to get ready for playoff football.

“I really do like the stretch that we’re getting ready to be on,” McCarthy told reporters. “When you look at the teams that we’re getting ready to line up against and, obviously, Philadelphia is all that matters right now — this is an excellent opportunity for us to play in playoff-type games without playoff consequences.

“I think that serves us very well because December football is something I’ve personally always enjoyed, and I think it’s a great indication of where you are as a team and what you need to do to get into the playoffs, and to be ready for the playoffs. We’re looking forward to it.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ike-mccarthy-brandon-aubrey-shaquille-leonard

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I like it too. Last thing we need is our team going against a bunch of 1-2 win opponents, dominating and thinking they are the %#*$# going into the Playoffs, as seems to have happened in many years.

Give them the best opponents possible. All we're missing is KC and SF to finish the season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This weekend's game. Hurts will still be limited as to mobility a good deal, or at least noticeably.

The recent games have reflected a decline in the Eagles' running game, quite a bit. How this fact plays out will reflect momentums for both teams.

The Cowboys defense currently ranks 30th in rushing success rate. While they’ve done an effective job at limiting explosives, down-to-down consistency has been a struggle. In a game that could certainly come down to the wire, burning the clock with the run could be a deciding factor.

Furthermore, Philly’s pivot to more drop-back passes plays into Dallas’ strengths: rushing the passer and forcing turnovers. The ability to do both will prove to be crucial on Sunday.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...e_woes_help_cowboys_chances/s1_16709_39638312

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
That's what I said here in another thread a couple of weeks ago. The Cowboys have to embrace that challenge as it will show them who they are. Additionally it will give them the chance to test their system against true contenders and make changes while they still can. In the playoffs your gameplan has to work, otherwise it's ciao Bella. In the regular season a loss won't kill you and it gives you the right indicators to make the proper adaptions.

Long story short, I agree with big Mike.

Jipper

Reaction score
I like it too. Last thing we need is our team going against a bunch of 1-2 win opponents, dominating and thinking they are the %#*$# going into the Playoffs, as seems to have happened in many years.

Give them the best opponents possible. All we're missing is KC and SF to finish the season.
Ha we may get them in a different order!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Won't look well if he's being out coached in these games
The Eagles' defense has become a sieve. The unit has given up 400-plus yards in four of its past five outings. In 20 games last season, including the playoffs, that happened once -- in a December defeat at Dallas. That's a particularly ominous coincidence as the Eagles approach this December's duel at Jerry World. Not only is Philly struggling on defense, but Dallas is scorching earth on offense, averaging a league-best 32.3 point per game with QB Dak Prescott emerging as a top MVP candidate.

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-14-nfl-picks-2023-nfl-season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Eagles' defense has become a sieve. The unit has given up 400-plus yards in four of its past five outings. In 20 games last season, including the playoffs, that happened once -- in a December defeat at Dallas. That's a particularly ominous coincidence as the Eagles approach this December's duel at Jerry World. Not only is Philly struggling on defense, but Dallas is scorching earth on offense, averaging a league-best 32.3 point per game with QB Dak Prescott emerging as a top MVP candidate.

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-14-nfl-picks-2023-nfl-season
That's a beautiful thing to see, but let's see what happens Sunday

links18

Reaction score
All that stress, he might lose his other appendix.
:muttley: