News: Dallas Cowboys 2018 NFL Draft: 7-Round Mock 5.0

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sorry, but this still sounds very smart to this fan:

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/04/14/dallas-cowboys-2018-7-round-mock-draft-50/

First round
Will Hernandez Guard – UTEP

Hernandez is exactly what the Cowboys are looking for in a left guard. A durable mauler with the ability to play with power but is able to pass protect, pull and block down the field. Hernandez also has a nasty side to his game and isn’t afraid to throw players around.

Pairing him with tackle Tyron Smith would solidify the left side of the line. There has been a lot of talk about the Cowboys moving La’el Collins back to left guard. The selection of Hernandez allows the Cowboys to create competition in training camp and field the best five players.

2nd round
Malik Jefferson Linebacker -€“ Texas

The loss of Anthony Hitchens will force the Cowboys to look for a linebacker early in the draft. Jefferson is a very athletic thumper with the ability to drop back in coverage. Used last year in multiple linebacker positions, he helped to lead the Longhorns to become the six best-run defense.

During his time at Texas, Jefferson’s career stat line was 160 solo tackles, 26 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, and 5 passes defended. Jefferson was also named the Co-Defensive player of the year in the Big 12 Conference. Lining Jefferson up with Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith could be very good for the Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not a fan.

Don’t like an OG at one, don’t like Hamilton either. Jefferson is risky at 2 but I could live with it. DT at 3 I like.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not a fan.

Don’t like an OG at one, don’t like Hamilton either. Jefferson is risky at 2 but I could live with it. DT at 3 I like.

I like a trade down, that allows OG, LB, and WR in the first two rounds.

As to first round and an interior lineman...Frederick and Martin both worked well there.

Hardline

Reaction score
This team lives and dies by the offensive line and it should be a top priority to maintain it.
I saw Malik Jeffersons entire college career at Texas. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This team lives and dies by the offensive line and it should be a top priority to maintain it.
I saw Malik Jeffersons entire college career at Texas. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round.

You think that Jefferson is too soft? Or doesn't have wheels for a linebacker?

Mix him in with Lee and Smith, then what would that outcome produce?

Hardline

Reaction score
You think that Jefferson is too soft? Or doesn't have wheels for a linebacker?

Mix him in with Lee and Smith, then what would that outcome produce?
He was a 5 star recruit .He never lived up to his hype.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He was a 5 star recruit .He never lived up to his hype.

So, he didn't meet high school levels of expectation...but yet now, is ranked pretty highly in this year's linebacker class.

I think his strengths would grow strongly in the current Dallas scheme. He is aggressive and paired with Sean Lee, he would mature at a NFL level pretty quickly. He moves very well.

Even College level strengths aren't enough at the professional levels. I like the kid, pedigree or not...sorry he disappointed you at UT. Most recent players and teams, did...

gmoney112

Reaction score
ec1Ka3c.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not only would Hernandez be an immediate impact starter, he would also alleviate the strain on Tyron, possibly extending his healthy level of play.
Vea is a pipe dream without a trade up, and this team is not trading up for any 1 tech, love the player, wish we could draft him, just not going to happen.
At 50 take the best WR or LB on the board, the more I look at Washington, the more I think he is really being undervalued, but probably gone before we are picking in the third,,,
Would I take Washington at 50,, probably not but it wouldn't break my heart if we did,, kid is a gamer, just take a look at him. Would take a trade back there in a heart beat, if he is in Dallas sights. 50 is meat and potatoes though, lots of good prospects will be sitting there.