News: Dallas Cowboys 2018 NFL Draft: What to expect at No. 19

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys 2018 NFL Draft: What to expect at No. 19
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/01/05/dallas-cowboys-2018-nfl-draft-19/

...Still, conventional wisdom says that your chances of landing a difference-maker in the first round are better at No. 16 than at No. 19 – but again it just depends on the player. So long as the Cowboys stick to the recent first-round strategy of simply landing a really good football player, they should have success in the first round.

When you consider how many quarterbacks might be selected in the same round before Dallas goes on the clock, the franchise could still have the pick of the litter at numerous positions, like offensive guard, right tackle or even linebacker, each of those positions likely to need some attention in the annual player selection meeting.

I’m sure you’ll agree that Penn State running back Saquan Barkley is gone in the first 10 selections, which pushes the Cowboys up even further north. In fact, I happen to think that five quarterbacks will go in the first round, although I’m not sure if all five are selected before the Dallas Cowboys go on the clock. No, the pick of the litter at defensive end, left tackle and cornerback will probably be gone, but there’s generally more than just one really good prospect at these positions in the first round...