Dallas Cowboys Eye Treylon Burks in Potential Trade?

blueblood70

Reaction score
NFL News: Dallas Cowboys Eye Treylon Burks in Potential Trade with Tennessee Titans, A Strategic Move to Bolster Offense
Story by Akash
1/25/2024

The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly on the hunt to boost their receiving corps, eyeing a strategic move that could see them acquiring Tennessee Titans’ Treylon Burks. With CeeDee Lamb currently leading the lineup, the addition of Burks could provide the necessary depth and versatility the Cowboys are seeking to enhance their offensive strategy.

Marcus Mosher from Pro Football Focus has pinpointed Burks as a prime candidate for the Dallas Cowboys, especially if he becomes available during the NFL Draft. Despite his rocky tenure with the Titans, the young wide receiver’s potential remains an attractive prospect for teams looking to invest in talent that could thrive under new conditions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=f2d2f333b37040da9a7bcfc85b370efc&ei=25

AA1nEz8y.img
Riddle me this how is he better then Michael Gallup seems to me they're saying they're the same player... I mean you cut a player I realized to save money but if you're gonna do this why use draft compensation when you could just bring back gallup him probably be available..

blueblood70

Reaction score
7th round pick would be fair compensation
I wouldn't even do that we can bring back gallop the similar type player without draft compensation or you wait till this guy gets cut because he's probably getting cut and then you can pick him up off the street

conner01

Reaction score
Burks is always out of shape in camp and hasn't done much. I like the potential but why do it? This draft is flush with receivers.
If you got him for a late pick then you could fill other needs with your early picks. That would be the logic though I don’t know if that’s feasible

chicago JK

Reaction score
funny how fast things change.

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 1
NFL Comparison
A.J. Brown (with more wiggle)

Overview​

Big, smooth and natural, Burks possesses the versatility to operate from wherever you want and get to wherever you need no matter the competition. He's a mismatch receiver combining size, strength and competitiveness similar to the Titans' A.J. Brown, but his speed testing at the NFL Scouting Combine did not meet expectations. Arkansas benefitted by putting the ball in his hands from a variety of alignments and there is no reason to believe NFL play-callers won't benefit from doing the same. The tape is extremely exciting with real NFL skills jumping off the screen, but his potential to become a high-volume, three-level target is a little more cloudy after a relatively disappointing showing at the combine.

Rayman70

Reaction score
funny how fast things change.

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 1
NFL Comparison
A.J. Brown (with more wiggle)

Overview​

Big, smooth and natural, Burks possesses the versatility to operate from wherever you want and get to wherever you need no matter the competition. He's a mismatch receiver combining size, strength and competitiveness similar to the Titans' A.J. Brown, but his speed testing at the NFL Scouting Combine did not meet expectations. Arkansas benefitted by putting the ball in his hands from a variety of alignments and there is no reason to believe NFL play-callers won't benefit from doing the same. The tape is extremely exciting with real NFL skills jumping off the screen, but his potential to become a high-volume, three-level target is a little more cloudy after a relatively disappointing showing at the combine.
Goes to show just how hard it is to make projections from college to the pros. The measurables can't measure what's in ones heart and mind to see what makes them tick. Burks to me is just satisfied to be where he is.