News: Dallas Cowboys Final Roster Prediction: Offensive Line

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Final Roster Prediction: Offensive Line

https://thelandryhat.com/2017/09/01/dallas-cowboys-final-roster-prediction-offensive-line/

Who’s in?
Analysis:

In order to address their losses along the offensive line, the Cowboys have cemented former left guard La’el Collins to start at right tackle in place of Free. Although Collins is still struggling with some of the nuances of the position, like keeping his hands too high, Dallas has every confidence he’ll be a stalwart at the position.

As for the starting left guard spot, the favorite appears to be Jonathan Cooper. But don’t be surprised to see Chaz Green or Joe Looney to get the nod if the former first round bust struggles. I envision Green being the Cowboys swing tackle, with Looney being able to play center as well as guard as a backup.

The final spot on the depth chart goes to Byron Bell on our list, but the Cowboys really love Emmett Cleary for some reason. So don’t be surprised if Cleary is named to the active roster instead. And there is always the chance Dallas finds a better left guard option on the waiver wire or via free agency in the next couple days.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Chaz Green is the only one im not sold on. Yes hes great for depth but wow his injuries need to be taken into consideration

basstapp

Reaction score
Clearly played well in relief last year. He may have struggled in the preseason and practice, but I don't think Bell has played well at all this year in camp or preseason action.

erod

Reaction score
They aren't cutting Cleary. Not sure about Bell.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
they've paid Bell a lot of money to lose weight. i think the edge will go to him

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chaz Green is the only one im not sold on. Yes hes great for depth but wow his injuries need to be taken into consideration
They probably keep 1 more OL than normal because both Green and Cooper have extensive injury histories.

On a side note, I think Cooper might have played more snaps this preseason than anybody else on the roster.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
That's the 8 guys I have on my 53 man roster but with the one exception that Bell may be replaced via a trade or signing of another teams cut...

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Thank goodness the Skipper insanity has gone away. Dude is nothing more than a taller David Arkin

silver

Reaction score
I have to agree. No other guy I can see worthy of a roster spot. Maybe PS material at best.

Them

Reaction score
...It's gonna be a rough decision about some....a lot of these guys plays adequately for brief periods....I'm one of those who would have actually liked to have seen a Dallas/Houston preseason game, just to weed these players out further....but with the storm and all...it is what it is!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Here is my 53 from when I got home from the Oakland game. I think offensive line/safety/linebacker could see a vet add.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Didnt Edwards play pretty good and should he be ps material