Dallas Cowboys Free Agent Trades since 2016

Qcard

Reaction score
Based on history highly likely we trade for a Defensive Player from a team on the West Coast :popcorn: :lmao:

2016 - None

2017 - Bene Benwikere (CB) Bengals & Jayrone Elliott (OLB) Packers

2018 - Jamize Olawale (FB) Raiders, Tavon Austin (WR) Rams, Jihad Ward/Ryan Switzer (DE) Raiders, Parker Ehinger (OL)/Charvarius Ward (CB) Chiefs, Amari Cooper (WR) Raiders

2019 - Robert Quinn (DE) Dolphins & Michael Bennett (DE) Patriots

2020 - Eli Ankou (DT) Texans

2021 - None

2022 - Traded Away Amari Cooper (Browns), Jonathan Hankins (DT) Raiders

2023 - Stephon Gilmore (CB) Colts, Brandin Cooks (WR) Texans, Trey Lance (QB) 49ers & Noah Igbinoghene (CB) / Kelvin Joseph (CB) Dolphins

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/dallas-cowboys/trade/

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a lot of success there. We got some production but nothing of being a big difference maker. As Quinn was here only for 1 year.

Hankins was a big help, and Gilmore and Cooks helped last season. Remains to be seen going forward.
Lance we have no idea yet of course.

However no one showed up in the GB playoff game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not a lot of success there. We got some production but nothing of being a big difference maker. As Quinn was here only for 1 year.

Hankins was a big help, and Gilmore and Cooks helped last season. Remains to be seen going forward.
Lance we have no idea yet of course.

However no one showed up in the GB playoff game.
I mean people around here dismiss everything you say not much amari Cooper day one was a difference maker flip that season around 3:00 and 5:00 before the trade five and three after the trade second round of the playoffs I believe... And yes Robert Quinn had like 13 sacks, who cares if he was a one year rental...

do you know how many other teams do that that's the problem here why don't we put some perspective on this and list all the other teams start with the NFC East and give me all their trades over the same time frame and tell me how long they lasted and how much they produce because if not just like usual most of these comments to the Dallas Cowboys as if like they're so different than other teams it's like ******* in the wind bro,

it literally is hanging there on its own it has no merit and no validation because it's just one of 32 teams it doesn't show where we rank as far as that goes but if we just look at Philadelphia last year all the offseason moves they made the trades at the trade deadline all the free agents they picked up most of them didn't work out just using last year. I'd say that Gilmore and cooks probably where the better of all the trades in the NFC East because I I don't remember all of them but they were starters from the first game till the last game...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Based on history highly likely we trade for a Defensive Player from a team on the West Coast :popcorn: :lmao:

2016 - None

2018 - Jamize Olawale (FB) Raiders, Tavon Austin (WR) Rams, Jihad Ward/Ryan Switzer (DE) Raiders, Parker Ehinger (OL)/Charvarius Ward (CB) Chiefs, Amari Cooper (WR) Raiders

2021 - None

2022 - Traded Away Amari Cooper (Browns), Jonathan Hankins (DT) Raiders

2023 - Stephon Gilmore (CB) Colts, Brandin Cooks (WR) Texans, Trey Lance (QB) 49ers & Noah Igbinoghene (CB) / Kelvin Joseph (CB) Dolphins

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/dallas-cowboys/trade/
Our roster building sucks. Who is responsible for this mess?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After 10 years of Garrett.
Enter MM, and take out the injured Dak broken ankle year.
All he done was have 3 straight 12-5 seasons, winning the NFCE twice and was close for a 3rd time.
Go to the playoffs 3 years in a row. Something not done since the 90's teams. And yes, unfortunately getting bounced as usual from all the coaches since 1995.

But yet they can't roster build?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yes, Jerry and Stephen are awful at roster building. But I have also come to the realization over the past decade or so that they simply don't care. You constantly see teams around the league making move after move in an attempt to improve their chances of competing, and what do Jerry and Stephen do? Nothing. It's the same damn thing year after year after year.

If they don't care, neither do I. They will never see a penny from me. Unfortunately, I'm only one person. It would take millions of fans taking the same approach before Jerry and Stephen would notice, and we all know that will never happen. That's why they keep doing what they do, because clueless fans keep handing them their money.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
All he done was have 3 straight 12-5 seasons, winning the NFCE twice and was close for a 3rd time.
Go to the playoffs 3 years in a row. Something not done since the 90's teams. And yes, unfortunately getting bounced as usual from all the coaches since 1995.

Is that where your bar is? An occasional NFCE title and regular season success? Just so you know, if Philly doesn't step off into the toilet like they did, Dallas doesn't get the title last season. And by the way, how many of those wins over the past 3 seasons were against bottom feeders? I get it, though, a win is a win, but if they were piling up wins against top teams rather than garbage cans I would be more willing to go along with you.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Apparently it's easy in the NFL they win 36 games two division titles and going to the playoffs three straight years in a row that even by accident... And they could say we have a soft division and soft schedules and that would also be nonsense I mean somehow we have a team that's been in the Super bowl twice since 2017 in the Philadelphia Eagles and we managed to win two division titles with them in it and two years ago we had three teams go to the playoffs out of our division so that excuse is somehow gonna have to be kicked under the carpet pulled out for another day... It would have to be from memory but it didn't last year both the Eagles and the Cowboys both finished 12:00 and 5:00 and it's not like we're being handed these division titles....

somehow the front office has put together a roster that can win consistently regardless of what happens in the playoffs you have to be good enough to get seated properly and get into the playoffs but that doesn't matter it's being dismissed as if it's easy as if the rest of the NFL is doing this on a consistent basis you know like being a top six team every year apparently you can do that by being clueless by not knowing how to build a roster by having the worst yes man at coaching Staffs and the most overhyped overrated quarterback in the history of the NFL and a bunch of distracted soft culture, we just tripped into this somehow... I guess it's better to be lucky than good that's the theory i guess... that's the theory I guess :facepalm: :muttley: :popcorn:;).

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Roster isn't really that bad. Obviously a stud DT and LB would be ideal additions, but outside of that it just has a fatal flaw.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that where your bar is? An occasional NFCE title and regular season success? Just so you know, if Philly doesn't step off into the toilet like they did, Dallas doesn't get the title last season. And by the way, how many of those wins over the past 3 seasons were against bottom feeders? I get it, though, a win is a win, but if they were piling up wins against top teams rather than garbage cans I would be more willing to go along with you.
Did I say that? I said that is what happened as to roster building. :facepalm:

So Dallas success is because another team failed. So why does it not count when Philly won the division when Dallas failed?

Some Dallas fans ... wow ...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Should I say championship roster?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Only 1 championship roster a year in any sport.
Too bad that has escaped us for 28 years.
Geez dude. At this point all you are trying to do is trying to win an argument. And even to that point, it's 28 years and not even a Conference championship roster. I would settle for that!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez dude. At this point all you are trying to do is trying to win an argument. And even to that point, it's 28 years and not even a Conference championship roster. I would settle for that!!!
Not arguing, just stating a fact.
Heck me too, get to the NFCCG. And be competitive in it. Then go from there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nice rebuttal. Got anything else, you seem to know it all, well except for the fact that you don't know if you are in Houston or in DC.
I know more than you. That's for sure. So what was Your point?

And your rebuttal on houston or DC was absolutely stupid. Big fat fail. You do know people move? It's legal. Perhaps when people are incarcerated like you, there aren't many options.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

2016 - None

2021 - None
Amari Cooper tells it all. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is not trying to win Super Bowls.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know more than you. That's for sure. So what was Your point?

And your rebuttal on houston or DC was absolutely stupid. Big fat fail. You do know people move? It's legal. Perhaps when people are incarcerated like you, there aren't many options.
Incarcerated? You are losing it big time. lol