Dallas Cowboys Games

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
It doesn't do anything illegal. all it does is send the signal via the internet to you where ever you are. It doesn't unscrambel the signals and make it where you can watch anything you normally couldn't. so for you to watch a game that you normally couldn't see you'd have to have one where it's available and log into your account on your pc and watch the game.

Besides they are selling it at best buy and comp usa so if it was illegal they wouldn't sell it...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
It doesn't do anything illegal. all it does is send the signal via the internet to you where ever you are. It doesn't unscrambel the signals and make it where you can watch anything you normally couldn't. so for you to watch a game that you normally couldn't see you'd have to have one where it's available and log into your account on your pc and watch the game.

Besides they are selling it at best buy and comp usa so if it was illegal they wouldn't sell it...

However, he suggested having someone in the Dallas area do it for fans outside the area. That is a rebroadcast of a NFL presentation without permission.....which is illegal.

Best Buy also sells DVD burners, is it legal to copy movies?

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
junk said:
However, he suggested having someone in the Dallas area do it for fans outside the area. That is a rebroadcast of a NFL presentation without permission.....which is illegal.

Who the hell cares? We are talking about the DALLAS COWBOYS here.. :D

Now who is going to be my hero and broadcast these games? :confused:

jksmith269

Reaction score
junk said:

If he has a buddy in Dallas do it and watches the game in Houston with him its for personal use and no laws are broke its not rebroadcasting it. Its playing live he's not selling it. I don't think it'd be illegal. DVD burners can be used for saving files and home videos so there is other uses where as this there can be no other uses.

So to make a DVD burner illegal where it has personal uses would be obsured where this there can be no mistaking what it's intentions are and if it wern't legal then it would not be sold at such stores....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
If he has a buddy in Dallas do it and watches the game in Houston with him its for personal use and no laws are broke its not rebroadcasting it. Its playing live he's not selling it. I don't think it'd be illegal. DVD burners can be used for saving files and home videos so there is other uses where as this there can be no other uses.

So to make a DVD burner illegal where it has personal uses would be obsured where this there can be no mistaking what it's intentions are and if it wern't legal then it would not be sold at such stores....

Here is how I equate this. I have cable. I run my cable next door to my neighbor so he can watch it. Is it legal? No. It provides a broadcast to someone who isn't in the market and paying for it. It is rebroadcasting it to another location.

One to one, you could probably get away with it. One to many and you are illegally providing a service that DirecTV provides with the Ticket.

There are other legal uses for this as well. If you have Sunday Ticket and are travelling, you can watch the game from your broadcast legally from a remote location. If you want to watch the signal from your main TV on your PC in your room, etc.

This could be used incorrectly and illegally, just as a DVD burner could be used illegally. It doesnt stop Best Buy from selling them.

jksmith269

Reaction score
junk said:
Here is how I equate this. I have cable. I run my cable next door to my neighbor so he can watch it. Is it legal? No. It provides a broadcast to someone who isn't in the market and paying for it. It is rebroadcasting it to another location.

One to one, you could probably get away with it. One to many and you are illegally providing a service that DirecTV provides with the Ticket.

There are other legal uses for this as well. If you have Sunday Ticket and are travelling, you can watch the game from your broadcast legally from a remote location. If you want to watch the signal from your main TV on your PC in your room, etc.

This could be used incorrectly and illegally, just as a DVD burner could be used illegally. It doesnt stop Best Buy from selling them.

I can see your point. I think until someone gets sued by directv for doing exactly what we've discussed then it will be sold freely and after it will be sold over the internet....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I can see your point. I think until someone gets sued by directv for doing exactly what we've discussed then it will be sold freely and after it will be sold over the internet....

I guess I am curious how you "log in" to view it remotely. Maybe it only allows one person at a time. Does it make the device act as a server that anyone could access? Many broadband providers prohibit this.

It does look like a great idea though.