News: Dallas Cowboys Mock Draft V. 8.0: Cowboys Stockpile Picks In Hopes To Go From Worst To First

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is a nice one...

The Mockery is back and better than ever in this week's installment where we go back to some wheeling and dealing, something we have tried for a few weeks now. Trades are fun because of the unpredictability it brings to the Christmas of football season. Remember all the picks the team from Washington had to give the Rams in order to move up and get RGIII? Remember when we gave up gave up our second to move up to six and take Morris Claiborne? It still stings...

Anyway, this week we're going to flirt with everyone at the ball. The Cowboys are open for business but only if the price is right. We're not going to just give four away for a consolation prize. We want to pay dividends with each of our picks and are happy enough to sit and pick if nothing seems worth it. Of course, we got our handy dandy Draft Value Chart and CBS Draft board to work with. The front office is just a little ticked off about how free agency went and have an ax to grind. Let's make a mockery of the NFL Draft and let all the super freaks come out to play.

Round 1
Titans shock the world and take Jalen Ramsey, Browns take Carson Wentz, and the Chargers go with Joey Bosa. The Cowboys are sitting there at four when the phone rings...it's the Buccanneers. They offer picks 9+39 (1,860 points) for the fourth pick, a win of 60 points in the Cowboys' favor.

Dallas is not so convinced to move away from four for just another second rounder, they hang up. As the time is running out, with two minutes on the clock, Tampa calls back and offers 9+39 and 109 (1,936 points) to sweeten the deal. That would give the Cowboys a third pick in the fourth round. Cowboys accept and the Bucs snag Laremy Tunsil, the consensus best player in the draft.

Pick 9: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

Once the Eagles take Jared Goff instead, the Cowboys begin to dry the sweat from their foreheads. Elliott will now run behind the best offensive line in football, sorry not sorry Oakland. Elliott is about as polished a runner as they come and will add so much to the Cowboys already powerful running attack. Dallas is looking to return to their dominant ways of 2014 and Elliott will oblige them in a big way. He can run, block, catch and probably solve major world problems if you asked him to. Now, he's a Cowboy...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...aft-v-8-0-cowboys-stockpile-picks-in-hopes-to

Hardline

Reaction score
Not sure if I pass up Tunsil if he fell in our laps.

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd take it. I don't understand why dak can't wait another round or two in these mocks, but overall this works for me

Sydla

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see who would be available at 9 if that trade went down.