News: Dallas Cowboys News: Why Scary Times Await Teams On Cowboys Schedule This Fall

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
NFL writer calls Cowboys' offensive line the league's scariest position group - SportsDayDFW Staff, Dallas Morning News

The Dallas Cowboys offensive line is typically mentioned as one of the, if not the,premiere offensive lines in the National football League. They also get some attention as being among the best position groups in the game. Now NFL.com writer Bucky Brooks goes even farther. He calls the unit the best position group in the game today.

"With the team expected to show a renewed commitment to the running game, given Ezekiel Elliott's addition to the backfield, the football world will fully appreciate the Cowboys' O-line in 2016." - Bucky Brooks, NFL.com

Read more...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...y-scary-times-await-teams-on-cowboys-schedule

TheHerd

Reaction score
I really think the opposing game plans will be to keep the game close (and Garrett will help with that) and then let Romo score the go ahead points with at least a minute and a half left. Pretty much game over with the lack of playmakers on our D.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
LOL, I agree our offense should be very effective but why would any opponent fear playing the Cowboys when it's defense will keep any game close?

It's not concern for the scoreboard, but rather a desire to not be bludgeoned to death.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe someone gets paid to write this stuff ! lol

Section446

Reaction score
So long as Romo is healthy, teams will fear playing us, as soon as he goes down, we'll be looking for the mercy button.

CowboyVol

Reaction score
I really think the opposing game plans will be to keep the game close (and Garrett will help with that) and then let Romo score the go ahead points with at least a minute and a half left. Pretty much game over with the lack of playmakers on our D.

My guess is that they feel like keeping the offense on the field will keep the defense off the field lol.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LOL, I agree our offense should be very effective but why would any opponent fear playing the Cowboys when it's defense will keep any game close?

The offense will have to be the identity again.

Score more, it changes the flow of a football game and can help get the style of defense we usually play be more successful.

What I do not quite get is there has been a lot of complaining that not enough is being done to field a dominant defense.

Most teams are not complete on both sides of the football and there is often a conscious choice to devote resources to fortify one side or the other.

The Cowboys under Jason Garrett are probably never going to be a defensive-driven football team.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The offense will have to be the identity again.

Score more, it changes the flow of a football game and can help get the style of defense we usually play be more successful.

What I do not quite get is there has been a lot of complaining that not enough is being done to field a dominant defense.

Most teams are not complete on both sides of the football and there is often a conscious choice to devote resources to fortify one side or the other.

The Cowboys under Jason Garrett are probably never going to be a defensive-driven football team.

Very well said.

We didn't have an identity for the longest time, but we certainly do now.

But this is one legitimate gripe when it comes to Garrett.

The threshold for being "good enough" on Defense to win a SB is a lot higher than it is on offense-- or so it is evidenced by history.

A great defense can carry an average offense, but you don't see that the other way around often.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many teams on their schedule are afraid to play the boys I think most of them have it marked as a W for themselves. being 4 and 12 does that to you if tony and the team stay really healthy they have a chance to maybe compete for the east.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure how many teams on their schedule are afraid to play the boys I think most of them have it marked as a W for themselves. being 4 and 12 does that to you if tony and the team stay really healthy they have a chance to maybe compete for the east.

You mean fans like you have it marked as a win for our opponents........:muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I don't think the Cowboys opponents this season base their level of competition from the 4-12 record last season. It's a new season and the Cowboys are a different team with Romo.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People keep talking about let's get back to 2014. As if we had all the same players between the two years and we just went away from running.

It's stupid narrative building.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
even with tony teams are not afraid of the dallas cowboys those days are long gone.

Craig

Reaction score

I would imagine that no one that is in the league has such a simple minded approach as to look at dallas as a 4-12 team.

Alexander

Reaction score
People keep talking about let's get back to 2014. As if we had all the same players between the two years and we just went away from running.

It's stupid narrative building.

No two teams are the same.

But the identity can return.

I don't think for a minute we had much confidence in the RB by committee approach and it showed itself even when Romo was healthy. The offense just looked lost, even Linehan has admitted as much.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No two teams are the same.

But the identity can return.

I don't think for a minute we had much confidence in the RB by committee approach and it showed itself even when Romo was healthy. The offense just looked lost, even Linehan has admitted as much.

Such a small sample size with Romo.

But we committed to the run and had success with limited playmaker support at qb and on the outside. In many ways we were a better running team in 2015 than 2014.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys opponents this season base their level of competition from the 4-12 record last season. It's a new season and the Cowboys are a different team with Romo.

Only ******* fans and the media do that.

Alexander

Reaction score
Such a small sample size with Romo.

But we committed to the run and had success with limited playmaker support at qb and on the outside. In many ways we were a better running team in 2015 than 2014.

When you say sample size that tells me you are looking at stats.

So clarify please, we were a better running team in 2015 versus 2014, so we do what?

Draft Jalen Ramsey and win the Super Bowl?