News: Dallas Cowboys player grades: Jason Hatcher tops the list, Mackenzy Bernadeau is at the bottom

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
We touched a bit on these PFF grades yesterday, but there are a few here we didn't discuss. Most notable is Demarco Murray ranked 8th among all NFL running backs. I'll be honest, I was surprised at that.

OFFENSE

– Doug Free is rated the Cowboys’ best offensive player and the seventh-best offensive tackle in the league.
– Of 68 offensive guards graded, only five rank lower than Bernadeau.
– Dez Bryant is tied for 20th among NFL wide receivers.
– Tony Romo is 12th among quarterbacks.
– Travis Frederick ranked 31 out of 34 NFL centers.
– Gavin Escobar is ranked (22nd) higher than Jason Witten (37th).
– DeMarco Murray is eighth among all running backs.

http://www.cowboysown.com/forums/sh...-the-list-Mackenzy-Bernadeau-is-at-the-bottom

tomsanders921

Reaction score
We touched a bit on these PFF grades yesterday, but there are a few here we didn't discuss. Most notable is Demarco Murray ranked 8th among all NFL running backs. I'll be honest, I was surprised at that.

OFFENSE

– Doug Free is rated the Cowboys’ best offensive player and the seventh-best offensive tackle in the league.
– Of 68 offensive guards graded, only five rank lower than Bernadeau.
– Dez Bryant is tied for 20th among NFL wide receivers.
– Tony Romo is 12th among quarterbacks.
– Travis Frederick ranked 31 out of 34 NFL centers.
– Gavin Escobar is ranked (22nd) higher than Jason Witten (37th).
– DeMarco Murray is eighth among all running backs.

http://www.cowboysown.com/forums/sh...-the-list-Mackenzy-Bernadeau-is-at-the-bottom

Looks like these ratings mean nothing. Dez is 20th? Escobar ahead of witten? Demarco 8th? Wow

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Looks like these ratings mean nothing. Dez is 20th? Escobar ahead of witten? Demarco 8th? Wow

Dez is 19th in receiving yards through the 1st two games. Murray's rating is probably boosted by his receiving yards. He's up near the top in receiving yards among backs.

Jenky

Reaction score
mind-blown.gif

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The good news is the OL should be much improved. Smith and Free are playing well above the league average. Leary is playing at the league average, which is better than anything we had last year. Fred is playing below average but should improve with Waters playing next to him. I'm surprised how well Free has been playing considering playing alongside Bernadeau who has been playing awful.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The good news is the OL should be much improved. Smith and Free are playing well above the league average. Leary is playing at the league average, which is better than anything we had last year. Fred is playing below average but should improve with Waters playing next to him. I'm surprised how well Free has been playing considering playing alongside Bernadeau who has been playing awful.

It compels one to wonder what Broaddus is seeing given his adamant defense of Bernadaeau.

erod

Reaction score
So can we now never discuss a "PFF" grade ever again?

These are just stupid.