Video: Dallas Cowboys Training Camp Live: 2 Highlight Catches

817Gill

Reaction score

Main thing I want to point out is at the 9:20ish mark when Eatman starts talking about how McCarthy has Dak and the QB’s practicing passes on the run and having designed plays to get Dak throwing on the move. Something many have clamored for.

Also a nice pick by Awuzie at the beginning of the practice highlights around the 7:50 mark. Good info all over the video.

817Gill

Reaction score
Youmans also picked McGovern as his camp star of the day saying he was powerful and stifled Hill and Gallimore at LG.

Swagger

Reaction score
Is it common for the starting QB to be throwing so many picks in pre season on such a loaded offense? Not a cheap shot it's a genuine question.

817Gill

Reaction score
Is it common for the starting QB to be throwing so many picks in pre season on such a loaded offense? Not a cheap shot it's a genuine question.
Dak has said himself he used practice as a time to test limits and see what he can get away with. We say this every offseason even though Dak has shown he’s not a high volume INT guy.

We want to see the defense to start getting picks but when they do in camp we question the QB lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
The NFL is going to be something to see in that first month.

Wow is there gonna be some sloppy football.

Not a single rep against another team.

I havent heard a thing about expanded practice squads....not sure how sensible that is but whatever.

I guess Roger has it all figured out per usual. Everything handled perfectly.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I havent heard a thing about expanded practice squads....not sure how sensible that is but whatever.

How so? First team offenses and defenses rarely get any snaps in pre-season, so this season really isn't going to be much different. How many pre-season snaps has Zeke taken in his 4 year career?

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak has said himself he used practice as a time to test limits and see what he can get away with. We say this every offseason even though Dak has shown he’s not a high volume INT guy.

We want to see the defense to start getting picks but when they do in camp we question the QB lol

Thanks for the reply. There aren't any pre season games so everything is being fast tracked as well

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I remember before mahomes first year people talked about his practice ints which led me to pass him in fantasy. Answer to your question

Swagger

Reaction score
I remember before mahomes first year people talked about his practice ints which led me to pass him in fantasy. Answer to your question
Ok interesting. I remember Mahomes threw a load of interceptions at college but it didn't bother me as he was attempting very difficult throws. He just needed to clean it up with better decision making. To be fair he did well landing with Andy Reid!

fivetwos

Reaction score
How so? First team offenses and defenses rarely get any snaps in pre-season, so this season really isn't going to be much different. How many pre-season snaps has Zeke taken in his 4 year career?
Yeah you're right it should be perfectly crisp w no team getting any real reps at all.

Sorry I said that and got you upset

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yeah you're right it should be perfectly crisp w no team getting any real reps at all.

Sorry I said that and got you upset

tenor.gif

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Great job of manipulating the film on Awuzie's int and Schultz's sideline catch. Took me back to the 8 mm reel days with Tom Landry:)

Stay healthy guys and keep grinding:flagwave:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Well he has to play against an entirely new defense bent on creating turnovers. Unlike the previous regime that practice basic and simple looks on both sides of the ball. I think its a testament to what our coaches are doing rather than Dak throwing a bunch of INTs.

Good example was Awuzie's INT. When was the last time we saw any of our corners be in a position to play the ball like that?

817Gill

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. There aren't any pre season games so everything is being fast tracked as well
Yeah I can also see some extra concern about picks due to a new scheme. Daks shown us enough on that front for us to be confident in him keeping it in the 7-10 range, let’s hope the new scheme doesn’t mess with that.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Looks like lot of people gassed even in the practice, the conditioning looks lot to be desired, fist few weeks are going to be brutal , hopefully no serious injuries, fingers crossed