News: Dallas Defense Cures Takeaway Woes By Forcing Four Against Packers

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Defense Cures Takeaway Woes By Forcing Four Against Packers
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...es-takeaway-woes-forcing-four-against-packers

...It’s not any easier to understand when the takeaways start coming, but Church said it’s all about taking advantage of opportunities.

“That’s basically what it comes down to – you get about two or three chances to make a play, and you’ve just got to capitalize on it. So far this season we’ve been able to,” he said.

Of course, it does help to get some assistance from the opposition. Church became the Cowboys’ interceptions leader in the early third quarter when Rodgers threw a ball directly to him. The pick killed a Green Bay drive that had covered 30 yards and led to a Dallas field goal.

“I never saw him,” Rodgers said. “Obviously, I threw it right in his chest. I never saw him.”

By the time the Cowboys fell on their third fumble of the day – another strip of Rodgers, also recovered by Irving – the momentum had been permanently swung. That drive was nearing midfield, so it’s entirely fair to say that all four Dallas takeaways ended potential scoring drives...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Does a secondary having: Orlando Scandrick, Byron Jones, Morris Claiborne, Barry Church, Brandon Carr, and Anthony Brown excite anyone else, now?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Apparently, the coaches are coaching better and the players are executing better as well!

The changes in secondary coaching is certainly bearing fruit!