Dallas goes between #4 and #16

nathanlt

Reaction score
Best case scenario, Dallas gets the #4 overall pick, if they lose out and everyone else wins out, except for the pack of 5-9 teams playing each other. If Dallas fights to the finish, they will drop out of the top 10 draft picks and get as low as the #16 pick each and every round. Evaluating Henson for an extended duration would have given Dallas a top 3 pick, possibly. Premier players in Dallas, that's what I want.

1pick2

Reaction score
alright nate but who do you wish we would draft with #4 personally i could see derrick johnson!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I don't think we will get to #4 but if we do we need Mike Williams. He is a difference maker and he will be a great addition to help the next young QB to grow.

nathanlt

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
At #4 no question draft Derrick Johnson.

That's probably what will happen if Parcells is picking, but the most important thing Dallas needs right now is a 4 man pass rush. Pass interference rules dictate that we get an effective pass rush. There's no Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs in the top 10 players, so I say trade down a little to where you are picking DT's and DE's at their value, and getting more young talent. Dallas will need an impact reciever, because Keyshawn and Terry Glenn aren't going to be around long term at WR. Going with Mike Williams wouldn't exactly be terrible.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
That's probably what will happen if Parcells is picking, but the most important thing Dallas needs right now is a 4 man pass rush. Pass interference rules dictate that we get an effective pass rush. There's no Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs in the top 10 players, so I say trade down a little to where you are picking DT's and DE's at their value, and getting more young talent. Dallas will need an impact reciever, because Keyshawn and Terry Glenn aren't going to be around long term at WR. Going with Mike Williams wouldn't exactly be terrible.

There isnt a "great" pass rusher in this draft, none of the DEs are that great IMO. Johnson is the best defensive player on the board. From what Ive heard Mike Williams might fall all the way to around 20.

nathanlt

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
There isnt a "great" pass rusher in this draft, none of the DEs are that great IMO. Johnson is the best defensive player on the board. From what Ive heard Mike Williams might fall all the way to around 20.

If Dallas walks out of the first round with Derrick Johnson and Mike Williams, it will feel like the beginning of the next dynasty. However, it sure didn't feel like anything special happened the day we drafted Julius Jones.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:
I don't think we will get to #4 but if we do we need Mike Williams. He is a difference maker and he will be a great addition to help the next young QB to grow.

I agree, MW bigger play maker than DJ. DJ not a top 10, probably more like mid teens. Just because he's the best LB in the draft doesn't make him an automatic top 10.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
I agree, MW bigger play maker than DJ. DJ not a top 10, probably more like mid teens. Just because he's the best LB in the draft doesn't make him an automatic top 10.

Are you kidding me?????????????

1pick2

Reaction score
what about kiwi,and why nobodys even talking about pollack i really like that kid. whats the deal hey what about giving tim couch a try? :rolleyes:

ghst187

Reaction score
1pick2 said:
what about kiwi,and why nobodys even talking about pollack i really like that kid. whats the deal hey what about giving tim couch a try? :rolleyes:

Pollack is a great college player in the mold of Grant Wistrom. He's flat out disruptive and he'll likely continue that in the pros. He also has a non-stop motor. However, he lacks the athleticism and probably won't post great combine numbers.

Both Mike Williams and DJ could go as high as #3 or as low as #18. However, I'm guessing several teams will become enamored with each of them and they will probably both go in the top 10-12.
I think either will a great pick for us. I think MW could impact our team overall more than DJ and add much needed youth to our WR corps as well as give us a legitimate #1 WR threat.
DJ would probably be our best d player before his second year and greatly impact our d. They're definitely my favorite two guys on the board.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DJ will move up boards after workouts cause he's better in pads than out of them. MW will drop because he has never had the pure speed many scouts crave at WR. MW would be the slowest top 10 WR selection since KJ if he goes that high.