Video: Dallas looked like a Dumpster Fire | 10 takeaways | Blackthorns rant

Blackthorn

Reaction score

This game made me sick to watch. Dallas was not prepared to play and every game this season is a must win. I am not sure 10 wins can get a team in the playoffs. I have worked through a d*** hurricane, 12 hour shifts, 3 hour commutes twice per day and now I am deep in flood waters and stranded for the next 5 days.. This game was my stress release and now this crap.
  1. Dallas has to establish the run early.
  2. No 9 routes? After last week I would have dialed up at least 3
  3. Dak has to throw open receivers.
  4. What the h*** is Randy Gregory doing? It is not pressuring the QB.
  5. A Fumble and interception killed the comeback
  6. LVE is the real deal
  7. Chidobe - smh
  8. Why is T-Will on the team?
  9. There is only one TE on the roster.
  10. Take chances, try to win.
Garrett this is the game-plan you came up with? Hey Garrett - DO YOUR JOB!!!

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Dak attempted 34 passes. Why is he attempting so many passes? Maybe Dallas should hand the ball off to Zeke 34 times per game instead. Something has to change with their game plan.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dak cant hit a basic OUT route ,the only explanation of us not throwing pass even 20 yards down the field is Dak just sucks in practice and Linehan is afraid he will mess it badly.

foofighters

Reaction score
Coach Jones probably thinks we are only one guy away from the Super Bowl...so we got that going for us!!!

Reaction score
Dak attempted 34 passes. Why is he attempting so many passes? Maybe Dallas should hand the ball off to Zeke 34 times per game instead. Something has to change with their game plan.
Pounding Zeke into a o-line that is a shell of it's former self will get you nowhere.

This ground and pound, Chuck Knox brand of football when out of style decades ago.

It came back for a year or so when we had a o-line of All-Pros and a QB and RB that defenses hadn't seen before. But that is long gone.

Look at the successful offense today and you see their schemes are 180 degrees from what this team is trying to do. And we are seeing the results.

This entire philosophy has to be thrown into the fires of Mordor. Along with all the offensive coaches. And very likely the QB. And the WR's. And the non-existent TE's.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Pounding Zeke into a o-line that is a shell of it's former self will get you nowhere. This ground and pound, Chuck Knox brand of football when out of style decades ago.
It came back for a year or so when we had a o-line of All-Pros and a QB and RB that defenses hadn't seen before. But that is long gone. Look at the successful offense today and you see their schemes are 180 degrees from what this team is trying to do. And we are seeing the results. This entire philosophy has to be thrown into the fires of Mordor. Along with all the offensive coaches. And very likely the QB. And the WR's. And the non-existent TE's
Zeke average 7.9 yards per carry. It was working. Get it working early in the game is all I am saying. Dak is averaging 4.9 per pass attempt. Am I the only seeing this???? Tavon is a play-maker as well. Get him more touches.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Zeke average 7.9 yards per carry. It was working. Get it working early in the game is all I am saying. Dak is averaging 4.9 per pass attempt. Am I the only seeing this????
The run was not working. Zeke got some nice runs once the Cowboys were behind 2 and 3 scores and the defense backing off to protect from the big play. Zeke was ineffective in the first half when the game was still close.

But Zeke is the least of the problems. The whole passing scheme is broken. It looks like the defense has 13 guys out there defending. The scheme doesn't get receivers open and the receivers themselves are unable to get open. Combine that with a QB that cannot throw receivers open and your offense is dead.

Look at the schemes in KC, NO, Philly, LA (both teams). They have defenses running in circles, looking totally lost as their WR's, RB's and TE's are all alone making it easy for their QB's.

We are as far away from that as is humanly possible. Result? We are 31st in offense with no end in sight.

I don't believe in the ground and pound, beat the guy in front of you offense. It does not work in today's NFL.

Reaction score
We had Calvin Ridley sitting there in the first round. We chose Vander Esch instead. Was it a mistake? I don't know.

But does anybody think he would have had the kind of game he had yesterday with the Cowboys? Not in a million years. Would never happen. Not in this system and not with this QB.

It all has to be thrown out.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak cant hit a basic OUT route ,the only explanation of us not throwing pass even 20 yards down the field is Dak just sucks in practice and Linehan is afraid he will mess it badly.

Maybe the receivers aren't open? Maybe he didn't have time? Our oline sucked. Why isn't anyone here criticizing the oline?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We had Calvin Ridley sitting there in the first round. We chose Vander Esch instead. Was it a mistake? I don't know.

But does anybody think he would have had the kind of game he had yesterday with the Cowboys? Not in a million years. Would never happen. Not in this system and not with this QB.

It all has to be thrown out.

Calvin Ridley would be worthless in this offense.

Vander Esch is a rookie. He is producing. Its not because of talent that he's talented that he's producing. Its because of coaching.

Reaction score
Calvin Ridley would be worthless in this offense.

Vander Esch is a rookie. He is producing. Its not because of talent that he's talented that he's producing. Its because of coaching.
Please don't get me wrong. I like what I've seen from Vander Esch so far.

His potential is promising.

My point was that this offense is broken and even a guy like Ridley would not fix it.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Maybe the receivers aren't open? Maybe he didn't have time? Our oline sucked. Why isn't anyone here criticizing the oline?
He still threw the ball 34 times. The run was working, why throw the ball that much? We are built for running and Dallas does not have enough attempts. I would like to see Dallas line up in a spread offense with just Zeke in the back field. Spread the field and let Zeke go.