Dallas Making The Moves of a Champion

gosuns

Reaction score
Championships are won by doing 2 things very well. Good drafting and controling the line of scrimmage. Dallas has been drafting very well for years now and it's paying off big time now. This draft was all about controlling the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage. If these players work out and dallas can control the line on both sides of the ball they will be extremely hard to beat next season.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
gosuns;1480369 said:
Championships are won by doing 2 things very well. Good drafting and controling the line of scrimmage. Dallas has been drafting very well for years now and it's paying off big time now. This draft was all about controlling the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage. If these players work out and dallas can control the line on both sides of the ball they will be extremely hard to beat next season.

I'm trying to keep my spirits up after watching the draft, but I'm having difficulty sipping the kool aid.

We passed on a lot of solid players today.

I miss Bill running things.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eduncan22;1480377 said:
I'm trying to keep my spirits up after watching the draft, but I'm having difficulty sipping the kool aid.

:damn:

adamknite

Reaction score
eduncan22;1480377 said:

I'm sorry, but the first day of this draft had "Bill" written all over it.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
adamknite;1480426 said:
I'm sorry, but the first day of this draft had "Bill" written all over it.

I like the Spencer pick.

The rest....I became depressed when we drafted the kicker.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The only strange pick to me was the QB/WR, other than that, I loved it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
eduncan22;1480440 said:
I like the Spencer pick.

The rest....I became depressed when we drafted the kicker.

Can I suggest a nap? Maybe some Zoloft?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Clove;1480443 said:
The only strange pick to me was the QB/WR, other than that, I loved it.

eduncan22;1480447 said:
yeah..especially after passing on Brady.

:rolleyes:

Yea ..... drafting an incredible small school athlete to play WR is exactly the same thing as getting Brady Quinn for no reason ....

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Ive seen Stanback play. The guy is a superior athlete, usually the best on the field at any given time. Im hoping he becomes our Hines Ward.

YOu can't really say much about this draft until you see what we do with the Browns pick. That really gives us alot of flexibility. Could be a top 10 pick, which we could trade down for a ton of picks, or even get a real impact player. 2 picks in round 1 next year could be huge.

I think alot of how we end up viewing this draft will depend on how Canty/Spears/Hatcher end up panning out.

A backup NT would have been nice. I think we need to address that somewhere.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Step away from the kool-aid.
We won't know for a few years how good this draft was.
And if Romo isn't lights out from here on out and Brady Quinn is, whatever temporary credibility Jerry gained by hiring Parcells will be gone for good.
Not sure what happened to lead to the "controlling the line of scrimmage" comment.
Dallas has done nothing yet to strengthen the d-line. No known talent to back up Ferguson and one of the DEs has underachieved and blamed Parcells for his lack of production.
The only new guy(with NFL experience) on the offensive line has been a career underachiever.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I think this was a weak draft, nothing they could have done this year would have made me happier than getting the first rounder of one of the worst teams in the league who will be starting a rookie QB next year

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I said it earlier and I will say it again....we were 8-4 last year through 12 games. 3 of the last 4 were at HOME. When you consider how young our QB was and how PREDICATABLE our gameplans on defense were....THESE two factors are why we did not finish stronger than we did. We are not as bad as our 9-7 record last year suggests. Relax people. Romo will be better. The defense will be much better. Building championship teams through the draft takes time. How did you all feel when we lost to Detorit in the playoffs in 1991? We went on to win 3 out of the next 4 SBs. We are coming...trust me...we are coming

glassjaw

Reaction score
zrinkill;1480454 said:
:rolleyes:

Yea ..... drafting an incredible small school athlete to play WR is exactly the same thing as getting Brady Quinn for no reason ....

University of Washington really doesn't qualify as small does it? I mean they do play in division 1. They even won a National Title in the early 90's.;)

I did not like Stanback either at first but watch him on film and read about him. He could turn into something special at WR.