Dallas needed this type of game to win

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team needed this type of game. To keep them grounded. Also to give them that confidence they can beat a winning team in a hard fought game.

Not to bring them back to Earth Type game. But to show they have that resilience they keep talking about.

It was sloppy with the penalites. Bland learned a few things, like it is not all that easy. But he probably knew this.

MM had 3 or 4 questionable decisions, otherwise called a decent game. Pollard started out slow, but picked it up in the 2nd half.
Dak was lights out again.

Ferguson was lights out good.

Defense struggled but came up big at the end.

A lot to learn from and more improvements needed. It also showed a very good team as well.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm just fine with them overcoming adversity but the defense created that scenario

Got to tighten up the D and cut those penalties in half to have continued success

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Justifying a horrible defensive performance as they “needed” it is nonsense.

They’ve lost before. They’ve had bad defensive games before.

None of this will matter.

This way of finding moral victory’s in bad performances to make yourself feel better about it wack.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. This type of game re-enforces team focus. There is always room for improvement, even if a team is 'the best'. Games like these should encourage them to keep striving to be the best in the league this season.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The team needed this type of game. To keep them grounded. Also to give them that confidence they can beat a winning team in a hard fought game.

Not to bring them back to Earth Type game. But to show they have that resilience they keep talking about.

I agree, as does the head coach... this is gonna pay dividends...

stiletto

Reaction score
Worried the Seahawks showed the blue-print for beating our Defense. Quick passes to eliminate the pass rush, exposing the soft secondary. If I were teams, I'd try to do exactly what Seattle did every game. San Fran did it earlier in the year also...worked to a T.

Jipper

Reaction score

This way of finding moral victory’s in bad performances to make yourself feel better about it wack.
i think its more so finding a way to win and overcoming adversity....it was very good to see.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
i think its more so finding a way to win and overcoming adversity....it was very good to see.
Teams do this every year, including the Cowboys, and it don’t mean squat in the end.

This close win against Seattle won’t matter when they’re getting dog walked by Philly or San Fran in the playoffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It was sloppy with the penalites. Bland learned a few things, like it is not all that easy. But he probably knew this.

MM had 3 or 4 questionable decisions, otherwise called a decent game. Pollard started out slow, but picked it up in the 2nd half.

A lot to learn from and more improvements needed. It also showed a very good team as well.
I agree. You don't learn a lot about your team by blowing out bottom feeders. Dallas won a game when the defense had an off night.

They came from behind in the 4th and when the defense needed to make stops they made three. Good to see this team win a game they used to find a way to lose.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:facepalm:
I don’t need anything to make me feel better.
I am just being honest about it.

I do not hate on anything and everything.
I am having fun.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:facepalm:
I don’t need anything to make me feel better.
I am just being honest about it.

I do not hate on anything and everything.
I am having fun.
You need to justify bad play.

Just call it what it was.

It wasn’t a lesson or some junk like you’re trying to spin it as.

I’ve never heard a team or player say “we needed to play like trash and are thankful we did”.

The way they played last night means nothing next game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I watched the coaches interview after the game. MM did mention that the only way to learn how to win close games is to have them. I would have loved to seen them blow out Seattle, but they learned a lot last night.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You need to justify bad play.

Just call it what it was.

It wasn’t a lesson or some junk like you’re trying to spin it as.

I’ve never heard a team or player say “we needed to play like trash and are thankful we did”.

The way they played last night means nothing next game.
Offense played well, defense not so much until the end they made plays when needed.

But then again you will never say anything good about the team.
Someone that admits you want them to lose and for our QB to fail.

Sometimes a team needs to play through some adversity. Then improve from that. Tough grit and hard fought game can be good for a team at times.

But I do not expect some to understand that.

aikemirv

Reaction score

There is a toughness that is developed by stopping 3 4th downs in the 4th quarter. Would you rather have that because the offense only scored 20 or would you rather have it because the defense gave up 35?

Experience is a good thing either way.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Offense played well, defense not so much until the end they made plays when needed.

But then again you will never say anything good about the team.
Someone that admits you want them to lose and for our QB to fail.

Sometimes a team needs to play through some adversity. Then improve from that. Tough grit and hard fought game can be good for a team at times.

But I do not expect some to understand that.
Why didn’t getting dog walked by Josh Dobbs do the trick for em?

I bet you were preaching this same “they needed to play bad” junk then to wasn’t ya?

You're right. I don’t understand loser mindsets about needing to suck to be good nor do I want to.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why didn’t getting dog walked by Josh Dobbs do the trick for em?

I bet you were preaching this same “they needed to play bad” junk then to wasn’t ya?

You're right. I don’t understand loser mindsets about needing to suck to be good nor do I want to.
That Arizona game was just a bad game. It happens. Eagles lost to the Jets. Or does that not fit your narrative.
SF lost 3 in a row. But hey some use double standards.

I don’t understand a loser mindset that you have all the way around.
especially admitting wanting a teams QB to lose. Wanting the team to lose.

That is not a true fan IMO.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There is a toughness that is developed by stopping 3 4th downs in the 4th quarter. Would you rather have that because the offense only scored 20 or would you rather have it because the defense gave up 35?

Experience is a good thing either way.
They could play lights out next week on defense of get steamrolled on defense.

What happened last night will have zero affect on which one of those happen.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That Arizona game was just a bad game. It happens. Eagles lost to the Jets. Or does that not fit your narrative.
SF lost 3 in a row. But hey some use double standards.

I don’t understand a loser mindset that you have all the way around.
especially admitting wanting a teams QB to lose. Wanting the team to lose.

That is not a true fan IMO.
Thinking you need to suck to be good is nonsense.As if this team has no idea what losing and sucking feels like.

Regardless of how they play the rest of the way, the way they played last night means nothing except to fans looking to turn a bad performance into some kind of weird positive.