Dallas needs a tight end too

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Dallas has a bunch of nothing at the tight end position. Hey, Jerry, call Gronk up and see if you would play for Dallas this and next season. No, but seriously. Probably need to get a good one the draft next season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The TE's have gotten open, they just haven't A) gotten the ball thrown their way or B) had one bad game w drops.

If I was going to criticize the TE's, it would be more about the blocking. Seen some plays where if TE gets their block, we have some success.

Spending a second round pick on a TE who is basically in witness protection at this point doesn't help.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
The TE's have gotten open, they just haven't A) gotten the ball thrown their way or B) had one bad game w drops.

If I was going to criticize the TE's, it would be more about the blocking. Seen some plays where if TE gets their block, we have some success.

Spending a second round pick on a TE who is basically in witness protection at this point doesn't help.
He's barely on the field and I'm not sure Dak has thrown him more than maybe one accurate pass. Speaking of barely being on the field, where the hell is Mazi? I hardly ever see him out there.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors of Dallas wanting Zack Ertz in a trade? Anything to that? And he appears washed to me anyways.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dallas needs a tight end too​

For what? They are good at TE. It's just the ultra conservative offense they run don't involve the TE yet.

They have been open just like the WR's. Just have to get the ball to them.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
At some point you have to just focus on developing your players, and I think the current TE group is where you can do that. You might need to bring in a RB that offers something you don't currently have. You might need to look at the LB position around the deadline. At TE you have two draft picks (4th and 2nd round) who have the physical traits MM wants, they've been inconsistent but have shown the ability to play, and the offense was designed with these type of tweeners in mind. This is where I think your coaching staff has to show that they are worth their paychecks. Teach these guys to play within the system you've built and learn how to best utilize these guys strengths.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Fergy has some drops, but he's done well with his opportunities for the most part. Schoon is a rookie. Do y'all remember back to when fans were saying Dalton Shultz was a JAG and that normal negative talk. Dalton dropped some passes and was labeled. Sometimes players have to develop and sometimes players need snaps and multiple opportunities to get comfortable, and just play without thinking too much. Have some patience these guys will be ok.

John813

Reaction score
They let Schultz walk, but I'm curious on the plays and how many are where the TE is the first or second read. With this passing scheme I can tell some plays they want the ball out asap and Dak at times will just look at the #1 option(CDL or Gallup it seems).

I can't say if TE is really a need or if they just got pushed down the totem pole for reads.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless they can get one of the very few elite tight ends they just need to use Ferguson like they used to use Schultz.