Dallas Next QB

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I've seen many talk about this QB or that one but Since we have no shot at a player like Quinn next year I'd like to see us go after Croyle from Alabama. I've watched him since he's been at Alabama and I really think he has what it takes to be a franchise QB. there isn't a throw he can't make and he has great touch. He's 6'3" 205# completed 59.4% of his passes and lost his best receiver early in the year. 2200 yards 13td's and 4 Int's while these numbers arent staggering you have to remember Alabama doesn't have a very good receiving core. I think with an offense like we have I really think he could flourish.

BTW I can't stand the talk of Young he will not be a good NFL QB. There has not been a Scrambling QB to win the SB even Steve Young and Elway admitted it wasn't until they learned to be a pockett QB's that they had real success....

Draft a Pockett QB not a scrambler.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I would love to get our hands on Jay Cutler. He's a mix of the best of both worlds.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I just don't think Croyle is going to pan out in the NFL because of injuries and such. If he does it will be several years playing behind someone else- Cutler I'd love to have.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I would love to get our hands on Jay Cutler. He's a mix of the best of both worlds.
Jay Cutler

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v240/diablo86/Jay%20Cutler/73.jpg

Hiero

Reaction score
Croyle is too much of a question mark. He is way too frail and too many injuries in the past, plus he just isnt that good.

jay cee

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I've seen many talk about this QB or that one but Since we have no shot at a player like Quinn next year I'd like to see us go after Croyle from Alabama. I've watched him since he's been at Alabama and I really think he has what it takes to be a franchise QB. there isn't a throw he can't make and he has great touch. He's 6'3" 205# completed 59.4% of his passes and lost his best receiver early in the year. 2200 yards 13td's and 4 Int's while these numbers arent staggering you have to remember Alabama doesn't have a very good receiving core. I think with an offense like we have I really think he could flourish.

BTW I can't stand the talk of Young he will not be a good NFL QB. There has not been a Scrambling QB to win the SB even Steve Young and Elway admitted it wasn't until they learned to be a pockett QB's that they had real success....

Draft a Pockett QB not a scrambler.
I don't watch much college football. But I have seen 'bama a few times over the past couple of years. I have not seen anything in Croyle that would lead me to believe that he will be a starting caliber NFL QB.

I guess anything is possible, he could be another Tom Brady.