Dallas sports sold their souls?

juck

Reaction score
Is it me or are dallas sports in general Cowboys,Mavs,etc... just been cursed this last 10 years?wow.Maybe we are just spoiled from the 90s.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
juckie;2334591 said:
Is it me or are dallas sports in general Cowboys,Mavs,etc... just been cursed this last 10 years?wow.Maybe we are just spoiled from the 90s.

Are you suggesting is Dallas is the Philly of the south?

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
juckie;2334591 said:

Try being a Philthy fan = cursed for life.

Boysboy

Reaction score
juckie;2334591 said:

Well-the Rangers were never very good at all. They're the Saints of the MLB-they'll show flashes of brilliance for a year or 2, then stink it up for another 6-7, and the cycle goes on. Remember the Bobby Valentine years in the 80's?

As for the Mavs-Mark Cuban isn't exactly a Jerry Jones meddling type of owner, so color me surprised. Animated, yes, but control freak? No.

As for being cursed the last 10 years, yeah-I thought DFW was the most peaceful place to live on this planet.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Stars went to the western conference finals last year and they have a terrific team.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2334607 said:
Stars went to the western conference finals last year and they have a terrific team.

But can they keep it up? Look at the Mavs-they've yet to recover from their NBA Finals meltdown 2 years ago.

joseephuss

Reaction score
There are the Dallas Cowboys and then there are Dallas sports. I don't look at the Cowboys the same way as I look at the Texas Rangers, the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars. The Cowboys have a much longer history and they have a winning history. I could actually care less about what the other pro franchises in Dallas do. Based on ratings, it seems like most people see it the same way.

If the Cowboys lose as well as other Dallas pro teams lose it is not some sort of curse or anything. It is just coincidence. Actually it is not even coincidence because the Rangers and Mavericks have not been great franchises.

juck

Reaction score
Mavs go to finals in 06 up 2-0 and lose.
Mavs win 67 games in the next year and choke first round.
Mavs get Kidd and choke in first round again.
Cowboys havent won a playoff game in a decade.
Cowboys go 13-3 and lose first home game to Giants.
Cowboys drop an extra point winning FG lose to Seattle.
Cowboys now have half team injured including Romo,and are sucking with a very talented team.

what gives?We are due for some good karma.

ddh33

Reaction score
3...2...1...Waiting for someone to mention the owners.

StylisticS

Reaction score
juckie;2334633 said:
Cowboys now have half team injured including Romo,and are sucking with a very talented team.

That wasn't a choke. The Hornets was just a better team last year all the way around than the Mavs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think you can compare the Mavs to the Boys....Dirk Nirotwiski is 7'0 foot big man thats scared to go to the low block and he's their best player.....:rolleyes:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;2334633 said:

again.

The stars went to the western conference finals.

juck

Reaction score
theebs;2334865 said:
again.

The stars went to the western conference finals.

Thats kinda similiar to what a soccer team is doing in poularity.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;2334884 said:
Thats kinda similiar to what a soccer team is doing in poularity.

oh..

The sport is popular here and the Stars are the best team in the DFW market.

the nhl is on the rise. With the young players it has, it is only a matter of time before the nhl regains some popularity.

juck

Reaction score
theebs;2334896 said:
oh..

The sport is popular here and the Stars are the best team in the DFW market.

the nhl is on the rise. With the young players it has, it is only a matter of time before the nhl regains some popularity.

Well the Pens are popular here too but it doesnt seem to be on a national level.