Twitter: Dalton Shultz logged 117 offensive snaps last season

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually think we are decent at TE. Not great, but good enough to be a factor in winning some games.
Adding Bell for his blocking really helps. Always liked him at KC. I think he is an underrated pass catcher / receiving threat as well. One of those guys you think last as being the target in the play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually think we are decent at TE. Not great, but good enough to be a factor in winning some games.
Adding Bell for his blocking really helps. Always liked him at KC. I think he is an underrated pass catcher / receiving threat as well. One of those guys you think last as being the target in the play.

I think we are better this year than last.

Blake Jarwin should've started last season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think if we are truly going to have 3 wide receivers out there then we are ok at tight end. I like Jarwin the pass catcher....I don't know about the blocking aspect. Its wild because you got the receiving threat in Jarwin....you got Bell who's known for his backing.....then you have Schultz....who's not really known for either. Going to be interesting to see where he fits in this mix.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought Shultz played pretty well in 2018 with Jarwin after Swaim went down. Not a world beater in the passing game, but he looked effective. As an inline TE, he offers a more diverse skill set than Bell

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we are better this year than last.

Blake Jarwin should've started last season.

Agree.
I was very glad to see Witten sign elsewhere. I loved Witten during his time. But it was time to move on. Won't get into the retirement thing. It is water under the bridge.
I kind of equate Witten moving on, as MM come in, the same as Emmitt moved on when BP came in. Though I did not want to see Emmitt leave. I was fine with Witten moving on.

cern

Reaction score
Kellen and mac will have to find a way to work the te's into the fame plan. Think 1st and 2nd down. Not just 3rd and long.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agree.
I was very glad to see Witten sign elsewhere. I loved Witten during his time. But it was time to move on. Won't get into the retirement thing. It is water under the bridge.
I kind of equate Witten moving on, as MM come in, the same as Emmitt moved on when BP came in. Though I did not want to see Emmitt leave. I was fine with Witten moving on.
Both Jarwin and Schultz should be much further along in their development but Jerry loves him a feel good story, and couldnt say no to Witten.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Agree.

Witten was a progress stopper for Jarwin and Schultz last year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bells biggest comp is probably Noah, I dont think both make the roster.
If Bell has proven to be a better blocker than Noah Brown, or Noah Brown
shows development as a WR... could go either way, but Im betting Noah finds a way to make the cut, but not both.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Both Jarwin & Shultz missed a year progressing due to Witty coming out of retirement.

Thank MM for releasing him so our young TE's can proceed on becoming talented players.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kellen and mac will have to find a way to work the te's into the fame plan. Think 1st and 2nd down. Not just 3rd and long.
You'll probably see Jarwin on 3rd and longs.

Shultz in running sets still gives a receiver you can use on play actions. More likely as a hot read

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
shows development as a WR... could go either way, but Im betting Noah finds a way to make the cut, but not both.
Brown is likely going to be our 5th WR. He isnt going to be in competition with someone from another position group. If Bell is in competition from the WR group, its someone like maybe Smith trying to get a 6th WR spot

cowboyec

Reaction score
i liked him at stanford.
solid player.
glad everything seems to be coming together for him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brown is likely going to be our 5th WR. He isnt going to be in competition with someone from another position group. If Bell is in competition from the WR group, its someone like maybe Smith trying to get a 6th WR spot

Bell may be used in place of a FB at times. MM said he always used a FB / TE as one in the same, in many situations.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see them not keeping 3 TEs. They will want to run some 2 TE sets, and if they only have 2 on the roster they would lose that ability if one got hurt.