Dalvin Cook

Wilson

Reaction score
I think the coaching staff views his talent similar to Zekes and sees him as a backup in the event of an injury. I don't think they view him as an upgrade. Khalil Herbert might be the only reasonable trade option out there.

chuck520

Reaction score
I think the coaching staff views his talent similar to Zekes and sees him as a backup in the event of an injury. I don't think they view him as an upgrade. Khalil Herbert might be the only reasonable trade option out there.
better runner than Zeke in the open field, Zeke is just short yardage runner at this point

Wilson

Reaction score
better runner than Zeke in the open field, Zeke is just short yardage runner at this point
I'd love to see them give him a shot at proving himself. Good luck doing it behind this offensive line at the moment. I'm guessing they will bring him into the mix before making a move with a trade. I believe that a trade is necessary. We need a running back that can overcome the deficiency we have on the offensive line until the rookies can get their **** together.

chuck520

Reaction score
I'd love to see them give him a shot at proving himself. Good luck doing it behind this offensive line at the moment. I'm guessing they will bring him into the mix before making a move with a trade. I believe that a trade is necessary. We need a running back that can overcome the deficiency we have on the offensive line until the rookies can get their **** together.
Impossible to evaluate the run blocking since we've hardly run the ball vs the Saints, Ravens

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dalvin Cook needs to start asap
He doesn’t need to start, but he needs to be part of the rotation. Some are acting like he’s going to be the savior at RB. :rolleyes: He’s on his final legs. Deuce needs to be sent to the practice squad.

Wilson

Reaction score
Impossible to evaluate the run blocking since we've hardly run the ball vs the Saints, Ravens
No, it isn't, it's bad. They are rookies. They'll get better. Their struggles as rookies are having a domino effect on the offensive line.

Majic

Reaction score
There is something odd going on here. I think this is a rare occasion when Mike was allowed to bring him in (but the Jones boys did not want him). Now Jerry is being very stubborn and refusing to play him.

I think there is a good chance he gets cut rather than elevated to roster

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t doubt that cook is probably closer to done than we want to believe which is why he hasn’t been called up, but I don’t see how it can hurt to dress him and let him see what he can do with 3-5 carries for starters- we certainly have nothing to lose

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dalvin Cook needs to start asap
If he was smart he'd request his release. This awful awful awful run scheme creates no holes, has no creativity. When was the last big run? If you could plug the 2014 run game into this offense, the QB and receivers would be just fine. Thats not to defend them but just to point out how bad the run game is as a whole.