Damn FOX Sports, baseball

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
You know you'd think they'd have heard all the thousands of complaints from last yr about airing both the league championship series at the SAME time...(one is on FOX, the other on FOX sports.net) and acted on it, but NOOOOOOO

for baseball fans the coverage sux

David

jamez25

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
You know you'd think they'd have heard all the thousands of complaints from last yr about airing both the league championship series at the SAME time...(one is on FOX, the other on FOX sports.net) and acted on it, but NOOOOOOO

David
that does suck and so do McCarver and Joe Buck....someone should hire Deion to pour a jug of cold water on both of them..

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

I hear ya db, I'm sure all 368 of y'all are quite upset!! ;)

I kid, I kiiiiddd!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be SOOOO glad when baseball season (including post season) is over.

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Honestly, I do kinda dig going to Ranger games w/ a group, had some HI-LARRY-US times there, and I will watch some p-season BB, but reg season on TV....?!? Ummm, I'd rather watch the "Man-Hater" channel!!!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Honestly, I do kinda dig going to Ranger games w/ a group, had some HI-LARRY-US times there, and I will watch some p-season BB, but reg season on TV....?!? Ummm, I'd rather watch the "Man-Hater" channel!!!

I'm with you... I will watch post-season but not regular season...

Tonight on Lifetime... All Men Should be Neutered: The Lorena Bobbit Story

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I'm with you... I will watch post-season but not regular season...

Tonight on Lifetime... All Men Should be Neutered: The Lorena Bobbit Story
aka Yeah I cut it off.....so what!!!!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasCowpoke said:

It seemed like an exciting season to be a Ranger fan....not many expectations in the start of the season but it seems they did quite well with what little they had.

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It seemed like an exciting season to be a Ranger fan....not many expectations in the start of the season but it seems they did quite well with what little they had.

Yeah, all in all I did enjoy my few times I ventured out to the stadium to watch them.

Although, there was this one incident where this snot-nosed little kid and his mom tried to get mouthy with me over a baseball, but I set them straight!!!!

:p

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Yeah, all in all I did enjoy my few times I ventured out to the stadium to watch them.

Although, there was this one incident where this snot-nosed little kid and his mom tried to get mouthy with me over a baseball, but I set them straight!!!!

:p

Funny stuff....... :D I thought that was you.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

I posted the TV schedule for tonights' (10/13/04) split telecast here. MLB TV Sched

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jamez25 said:
that does suck and so do McCarver and Joe Buck....someone should hire Deion to pour a jug of cold water on both of them..

I can handle them, they are adequate...

but I really liked the old days of Michaels, Keith Jackson, Vin Scully and Don Drysdale etc etc...those guys could call baseball games

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

It's definitely not the same game it was in the 70's and 80's...it was great when you could actually know several different teams roster and key players from memory instead of the transient crap of today where some guys have 4 or 5 different tours of duty with the same team...some guys play for 6 or 8 different teams now...

they could afford to dump 4 teams and contract the season some IMO, also get rid of interleague play...

David

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
It's definitely not the same game it was in the 70's and 80's...it was great when you could actually know several different teams roster and key players from memory instead of the transient crap of today where some guys have 4 or 5 different tours of duty with the same team...some guys play for 6 or 8 different teams now...

they could afford to dump 4 teams and contract the season some IMO, also get rid of interleague play...

David

Now I like the interleague play... but I am with you on contracting the season...

Have a first half and last half winner... play 100 games... but it will never happen...

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I can handle them, they are adequate...

but I really liked the old days of Michaels, Keith Jackson, Vin Scully and Don Drysdale etc etc...those guys could call baseball games

David

"Keith Jackson!!" THE KJ, as in "fuuuMMMM-BUULLL" KJ?? I somehow missed him doing PO baseball, or just don't remember it. (I'll blame 20-something weed consumption)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
"Keith Jackson!!" THE KJ, as in "fuuuMMMM-BUULLL" KJ?? I somehow missed him doing PO baseball, or just don't remember it. (I'll blame 20-something weed consumption)

he called baseball games for ABC in the 70's and early 80's

at one time ABC had "Monday Night Baseball" and also covered the postseason

David