Video: Dane Brugler's Senior Bowl Standouts | 2024 NFL Draft

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This draft class was mislabeled as weak. There is a ton of talent (or at least perceived talent) that will push a quality prospect to us at #24 and possibly at our pick in R2.

• There’s 3-4 QB that will likely go before our pick
  • There’s a slew of OT talent that may go in the first round
  • A deep group of WRs this year

rambo2

Reaction score
This draft class was mislabeled as weak. There is a ton of talent (or at least perceived talent) that will push a quality prospect to us at #24 and possibly at our pick in R2.

There may be 5 qbs that go before 24.

1942willys

Reaction score
There are always teams desperate for QBs and reach so I think 5 will go before our pick
Tackles also; five maybe six before us.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Yeah, originally some thought Penix, Nix, McCarthy were all locks in the 1st.

Caleb, Drake Maye, and Jaden will go for sure. A 4th would be gravy.
Brock Bowers will go.
Alt, Fashanu, and unfortunately Fuaga will all go before 24.
3 WR's will go for sure, Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are locks. History says a 4th and maybe 5th WR will go in the 1st round.
I think Corners Arnold and DeJean will be gone but if they fall, they have to be considered.
DL Newton, Turner, Latu, and Verse are in the mix.

Quinyon MItchell (CB) and Darius Robinsn (DL) are rising as well.

The remaining caliber of 1st round OL targets is insane:
  • JC Latham, Alabama
  • Amarius Mims, Georgia
  • Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
  • Troy Fautanu, Washington
  • Graham Barton, Duke
  • Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
We will be fine.

rambo2

Reaction score
It happens. I would like to see the Cowboys be able to move up or down a few spots to get their guys but Stephen has made that almost impossible. Thus, all the reaching.
They need to hit on their 1st 3 picks regardless of position. They for sure need a new center, a linebacker, and a running back. They need to hit on these. If they go with other positions they better hit bigtime.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They need to hit on their 1st 3 picks regardless of position. They for sure need a new center, a linebacker, and a running back. They need to hit on these. If they go with other positions they better hit bigtime.
It's an arrogant assumption, which the FO is guilty of, to assume you are going to get sure-thing difference makers drafting late in each round. Too many variables and unknowns that are out of your control.

It's weird here. The Cowboys finally drafted a good-sized 1Tech in Quinton Bohanna in the 6th round of 2021 and there were MANY here and on Twitter who swore the Cowboys outsmarted the league. Two years later, he has been cut twice and is on his third team.

We saw this overly optimistic view when the Cowboys drafted Deuce in the 6th last year.

I understand what you are saying. The Cowboys need someone at 24 who makes the team better now. Not another Mazi or Taco.

They need someone in the 2nd who is not an injury red flag (Jaylon Smith), character red flag (Randy Gregory, Trysten Hill, Kelvin Joseph, Sam Williams), or an epic reach like a 24-year-old blocking Tight End. Have to hope like heck someone the caliber of Trevon Diggs falls to them, but "hope" can never be your strategy. You have to make your luck. I'd like to see them identify a good fit (or two) in the 2nd round, do their homework, and be prepared to move up 5 to 10 picks to get that guy. Maybe that's Zach Frazier or even T'Vondre Sweat but know who your guy is and have good feel for where he will go.

As far as Linebacker, that is absolutely a need. They can help themselves by adding one in free agency. There are guys like Payton Wilson and Junior Colson I like, but I would be willing to stick at 56 for those guys (same deal for USC WR Brenden Rice). Wilson is coming off multiple injuries (he's so instinctive though) and Colson can get lost sometimes.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yeah, originally some thought Penix, Nix, McCarthy were all locks in the 1st.

Caleb, Drake Maye, and Jaden will go for sure. A 4th would be gravy.
Brock Bowers will go.
Alt, Fashanu, and unfortunately Fuaga will all go before 24.
3 WR's will go for sure, Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are locks. History says a 4th and maybe 5th WR will go in the 1st round.
I think Corners Arnold and DeJean will be gone but if they fall, they have to be considered.
DL Newton, Turner, Latu, and Verse are in the mix.

Quinyon MItchell (CB) and Darius Robinsn (DL) are rising as well.

The remaining caliber of 1st round OL targets is insane:
  • JC Latham, Alabama
  • Amarius Mims, Georgia
  • Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
  • Troy Fautanu, Washington
  • Graham Barton, Duke
  • Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
We will be fine.
Do we even know if Bass could play OC?

Beaker42

Reaction score
It's an arrogant assumption, which the FO is guilty of, to assume you are going to get sure-thing difference makers drafting late in each round. Too many variables and unknowns that are out of your control.

It's weird here. The Cowboys finally drafted a good-sized 1Tech in Quinton Bohanna in the 6th round of 2021 and there were MANY here and on Twitter who swore the Cowboys outsmarted the league. Two years later, he has been cut twice and is on his third team.

We saw this overly optimistic view when the Cowboys drafted Deuce in the 6th last year.

I understand what you are saying. The Cowboys need someone at 24 who makes the team better now. Not another Mazi or Taco.

They need someone in the 2nd who is not an injury red flag (Jaylon Smith), character red flag (Randy Gregory, Trysten Hill, Kelvin Joseph, Sam Williams), or an epic reach like a 24-year-old blocking Tight End. Have to hope like heck someone the caliber of Trevon Diggs falls to them, but "hope" can never be your strategy. You have to make your luck. I'd like to see them identify a good fit (or two) in the 2nd round, do their homework, and be prepared to move up 5 to 10 picks to get that guy. Maybe that's Zach Frazier or even T'Vondre Sweat but know who your guy is and have good feel for where he will go.

As far as Linebacker, that is absolutely a need. They can help themselves by adding one in free agency. There are guys like Payton Wilson and Junior Colson I like, but I would be willing to stick at 56 for those guys (same deal for USC WR Brenden Rice). Wilson is coming off multiple injuries (he's so instinctive though) and Colson can get lost sometimes.
Does it matter to you if we take O or D at 24?