Daniel Jeremiah thinks teams may trade up in the back half of first for OT

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

I don’t believe this is for CB. He wants a OT. I wonder how much of this is fear that everyone else will jump you, so everyone needing a first round OL (which IMO should be 15+ teams every year) is trying to move up before the top 6-7 guys are all gone

Last edited:

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Well they will most likely target our pick as one to get ahead of.

exciter

Reaction score

I don’t believe this is for CB. He wants a OT. I wonder how much of this is fear that everyone else will jump you, so everyone needing a first round OL (which IMO should be 15+ teams every year) is trying to move up before the top 6-7 guys are all gone

Yeah, pretty much everyone has pre arranged trade scenarios set up with other teams.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I agree with this take. There are 5 or 6 tackles this year that just look like total studs, whereas most draft classes might have 1. It's wild. But I am not as enamored with that second tier of "project" tackles, like Guyton, Kingsley, or Patrick Paul. A lot more bust than boom there IMO.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good, if true hopefully gives us an option to add a pick if a stud doesn’t fall.

exciter

Reaction score
I agree with this take. There are 5 or 6 tackles this year that just look like total studs, whereas most draft classes might have 1. It's wild. But I am not as enamored with that second tier of "project" tackles, like Guyton, Kingsley, or Patrick Paul. A lot more bust than boom there IMO.
There was a bunch of highly rated tackles the year we took Tyron. Some were okay for a few years and flamed out… others were bust from the beginning. Some like Mims should come with a stay away at all cost placard!

rambo2

Reaction score
Exactly, we need more picks, still can get a good player in a trade down
I think that Zach Frazier is a good trade down option. I think that he is going to be good and better than what we had at the position. Darius Robinson is another one. He looks like a solid player to get and that would let them move Parsons back to linebacker.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think that Zach Frazier is a good trade down option. I think that he is going to be good and better than what we had at the position. Darius Robinson is another one. He looks like a solid player to get and that would let them move Parsons back to linebacker.
Want no part of Robinson, get Tyrone Crawford vibes. Frazier has a chance to go ahead of JPJ

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There was a bunch of highly rated tackles the year we took Tyron. Some were okay for a few years and flamed out… others were bust from the beginning. Some like Mims should come with a stay away at all cost placard!
Looking it up for grins, the next couple tackles that went after Tyron were Nate Solder, Castanzo, and James Carpenter.

The book on Solder was that he was a super tall tackle who had freakish mobility for his height, but was a little light in the pants. Castanzo was a steady-Eddie kind of finesse tackle. I honestly don't remember anything about Carpenter... he must not have been on the Cowboys' draft radar that year.

If they were all coming out of college today, I would rank them as

1. Alt
2. Fashanu
3. Tyron
4. Fuaga
5. Solder
6. Latham
7. Fautanu
8. Castanzo

Tyron's actually been my prospect comp for Fashanu all offseason, but ranking them head to head, I'd give Fashanu the nod for posting 2 outstanding seasons vs Tyron's 1 at USC. He's just a little safer.

Anyway, the point being that this tackle class is exceptional. I don't think there has ever been another one like it, at least not at the top.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
Looking it up for grins, the next couple tackles that went after Tyron were Nate Solder, Castanzo, and James Carpenter.

The book on Solder was that he was a super tall tackle who had freakish mobility for his height, but was a little light in the pants. Castanzo was a steady-Eddie kind of finesse tackle. I honestly don't remember anything about Carpenter... he must not have been on the Cowboys' draft radar that year.

If they were all coming out of college today, I would rank them as

1. Alt
2. Fashanu
3. Tyron
4. Fuaga
5. Solder
6. Latham
7. Fautanu
8. Castanzo

Tyron's actually been my prospect comp for Fashanu all offseason, but ranking them head to head, I'd give Fashanu the nod for posting 2 outstanding seasons vs Tyron's 1 at USC. He's just a little safer.

Anyway, the point being that this tackle class is exceptional. I don't think there has ever been another one like it, at least not at the top.
Gabe Carimi and Derrick Sherrod 28th and 32nd! Carpenter moved to guard his 2nd season. He lasted 8 or 9 years at least I think. Neither of the other 2 lasted much more than 4. If memory is correct Cabrimi had an injury. He was my 2nd choice for tackle with a move down which would have also required keeping Free at RT.
I’d still take Tyron but that may be some bias from foresight!

vlad

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much everyone has pre arranged trade scenarios set up with other teams.
I wonder how many people howie roseman or any typical gm would need to get approval from to make a pre-arranged agreement vs what Will McClay… probably never know but your comment made think about that

exciter

Reaction score
I wonder how many people howie roseman or any typical gm would need to get approval from to make a pre-arranged agreement vs what Will McClay… probably never know but your comment made think about that
2021 we had a pre arranged trade to move up to take Tyson Campbell. Jacksonville took him 33rd which was 3 or 4 picks before our trade partner. This was was discussed heavily after the draft. There has been others. I think most teams have 3 or so pre arranged trades per draft based on “what if” someone they’re interested in falls. There’s just not enough time between the pick otherwise!