Daniel Jeremiah top 50

RS12

Reaction score
Rank
Edgerrin Cooper

Edgerrin Cooper
Texas A&M · LB · Senior
Cooper is a long, rangy linebacker with excellent speed and coverage ability. Against the pass, he is very smooth in his drops, playing with vision and awareness. He is very comfortable in man coverage and has plenty of speed to carry tight ends up the seam. He is an explosive blitzer and has shown the ability to separate the quarterback from the ball. Against the run, he is quick to fill in the hole and displays stopping power as a tackler. He will have some fly-by missed tackles when in lateral pursuit. Overall, Cooper is an instinctive and explosive prospect who generates a bunch of splash plays. He's ready to start right away, and I believe his best football is still ahead of him.

Byron Murphy II

Byron Murphy II
Texas · DT · Junior
Murphy is a very explosive, nimble and instinctive defensive tackle. He is a dynamic disruptor against the pass game. He explodes out of his stance and can roll his hips on contact, creating instant push. He consistently gets underneath blockers and prevails in the leverage battle. He has quick hands to win with swipe moves, a push/pull maneuver or a violent club. Once he feels a blocker leaning left or right, he has elite change-of-direction quickness. Against the run, he can utilize his quickness to penetrate and create negative plays. He also has incredible balance to take on blocks while going to one knee before uncoiling and making plays. (I haven't seen anyone else use this technique before, but it's very effective.) He has plenty of range to make plays laterally. Overall, Murphy might lack ideal size, but he's a leverage machine who makes an impact on all three downs.

Jackson Powers-Johnson

Jackson Powers-Johnson
Oregon · IOL · Junior
Powers-Johnson has experience at all three interior offensive line spots and has spent time at defensive tackle, as well. He was outstanding at the center position in 2023, and that’s where I expect him to play at the next level. He has good size, exceptional quickness and steady balance. In pass pro, he sets vertically and is able to catch and absorb versus power rushers. He does an excellent job reworking his hands to maintain position and is a nasty helper when uncovered. In the run game, he uses his upper-body power to torque/turn defenders, generating a lot of movement at the point of attack. He is quick working up to the second level and takes good angles. Overall, there aren’t many holes in his game. I love his bulldog playing style.

T'Vondre Sweat

T'Vondre Sweat
Texas · DT · Senior
Sweat is a massive block-eating defensive tackle. He is at his best as a run defender. He can easily stack and anchor down versus both single blocks and double teams. He doesn't get uprooted or washed against angle blocks. He doesn't have a lot of lateral range. His value is in his ability to clog the middle of the line of scrimmage. As a pass rusher, he provides a steady pocket push on occasion, but he doesn't have much of a plan outside of that strategy. He does get his hands up if he stalls out. Overall, Sweat has present value as a run defender and some upside as a pass rusher.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2024-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

reddyuta

Reaction score
RakeStraw seems intriguing,i believe we will entertain the option of 1ST RD CB if all the OL we like are gone.

Carter

Reaction score
Jackson Powers- Johnson will blow up the Draft Board after Bowl and Combine.

Would definitely like him as the new starting C if the OT we like are gone.

DT is also still in play but i doubt we draft DT back to back in 1st Rounds.

CB is not that big of a need for a 1st Round Pick. Diggs, Bland are set. Lewis might be extended. Can find another Vet CB like Gilmore hopefully.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Jackson Powers- Johnson will blow up the Draft Board after Bowl and Combine.

Would definitely like him as the new starting C if the OT we like are gone.

DT is also still in play but i doubt we draft DT back to back in 1st Rounds.

CB is not that big of a need for a 1st Round Pick. Diggs, Bland are set. Lewis might be extended. Can find another Vet CB like Gilmore hopefully.
IMO Bland better of in the Slot.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Not to be a downer but I have read that Sweat can be lazy at times and loves to party. They are concerns about his work ethic and he might be out of the league in a couple of years if he doesn’t dedicate to playing football. Anyone know about this because it was the first I heard about it and I didn’t watch much U of Texas football

RS12

Reaction score
Not to be a downer but I have read that Sweat can be lazy at times and loves to party. They are concerns about his work ethic and he might be out of the league in a couple of years if he doesn’t dedicate to playing football. Anyone know about this because it was the first I heard about it and I didn’t watch much U of Texas football
If that is true, this is the wrong place for him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If that is true, this is the wrong place for him.
Yes it is but I don’t know how much truth there is to it or is just an opinion by someone that is why I am asking if anyone knows anything about it who maybe knows him or knows the football team better. What the coaches say, anything

Creeper

Reaction score
Murphy at another time and place definitely. But I don't want another undersized DT in Dallas.

Sweat is a better fit and more of what Dallas needs, especially if they are going to insist on Mazi playing at 290 lbs.

It would not surprise me if Sweat and Murphy are both gone before Dallas is on the clock. Other teams value the position much more than Dallas. Plus I am hoping they fill that need in free agency with someone like Wilkins or Reader.

Just imagine Wilkins between Hankins and DLaw with Parsons line up inside or outside them. What a nightmare for offenses.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some interesting little nuggets in his rankings:

- He really likes Guyton compared to some other gurus and media mock drafters.
- Some think Cooper is a 2nd round guy, but he has him at 20.
- In much of what I have seen, the top OT has often been the PSU kid but he has Alt first and Fuaga 2nd. I think KingintheNorth loves Fuaga.
- He doesn't seem to think there is much difference between Frazier and Powers-Johnson at C.
- Not one TB in the Top 50 (personally, I don't consider taking a TB until the 3rd, prefer the 4th but we don't have a 4th round pick)