Danny Boy keeps busy

31smackdown

Reaction score
Well, when he'd not getting in the way of the Commanders...

The auction of Six Flags has been complicated by an effort by dissident shareholder Daniel Snyder, owner of the Washington Commanders football team, to replace the company's top executives with his own nominees and raise his stake to 34.9 percent from 11.7 percent. Six Flags also boasts $2.1 billion in debt and faces shrinking growth in park attendance and revenues.

"While we do not believe that Six Flags, awash in red ink, will generate an attractive sale price ... our nominees, if elected, have pledged to review and evaluate any proposed sale transaction," Snyder's investment firm, Red Zone LLC, said in a statement.

Red Zone contended that over the past six years Six Flags' current board and management have allowed the company to lose more than $2.6 billion in shareholder value. The price of Six Flags stock has dropped from more than $40 in May 1999 to less than $4 in May of 2005.

Last week, another Six Flags investor, Diaco Investments LP, said it would reject the theme park operator's plan to put itself up for sale and would side with Snyder's proposal to replace top officials. Diaco holds a 9.8 percent stake in Six Flags.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051108/bs_nm/leisure_sixflags_dc

kmd24

Reaction score
When Snyder gets a majority stake, he'll finally be able to ride the Talon!

20010532s-12.jpg

VThokie7

Reaction score
This is the last place I want to read about Snyder's takeover of Six Flags, i'm in the midst of writing a 10 page paper on this as assigned by my professor and have a presentation acompanying... Brutal! Thanks for the source tho ;)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Regardless of his football decisions in previous years, the guy has proven to be a brilliant business man. The Commanders are the most valuable sports franchise in the US.

The "this tall" joke is funny however.

I look for business opportunities like this all the time.

A 4 buck investment is nothing. One of the biggest problems with Six Flags is that their marketing is BS. Marketing is something that Snyder excels at.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
When I saw stock down from 40 to under 4$, I rushed to check it out....it's already back up to 7.50+.......anyone think it'll shoot back up to 40$?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I look for business opportunities like this all the time.

A 4 buck investment is nothing. One of the biggest problems with Six Flags is that their marketing is BS. Marketing is something that Snyder excels at.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think we could be on to something here. Lets keep this between us....DOH!

Seriously tho, I'm am very tempted.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I think we could be on to something here. Lets keep this between us....DOH!

Seriously tho, I'm am very tempted.

I bought 100 shares when it was around 5 bucks. and now at 7.5 it is has already made me about a 50% return.

Too many people look for the homerun. I look for the potential profits. I have a few of homeruns in my portfolio. Some were cheaper, some not so much, but they started out the same way...Potential. Cheesecake Factory is a perfect example.

notherbob

Reaction score
As unlikely as it seems, in this case, I agree with Danny. Those guys are either incredibly incompetent or they're stealing way too much. They need to be in politics, they're wasting their time with this penny-ante stuff. Billions are there for the taking and the suckers will never suspect a thing.