Dannyboy's Mock

dannyboy

Reaction score
Trade 4th(97) and 6th(184) for Mid 3rd

Trade 5th(148), 5th(158) and 7th(210) for Mid 4th

I based my picks on BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1

2) Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma 6-5 329 Easily an AP All-America first-teamer, Duke Robinson was a monstrous force on a line that was part of one of the greatest offenses in history

I am looking at a need that could start possible this year. Kosier is up after this year

3) William Moore SS Missouri 6-0 221 William Moore finished the season with 86 tackles, 6.5 TFL, six passes broken up and a pick-six.

Since Ken Hamlin is signed to a 6 year contract(5 left), SS is more needed than FS. Hoping he falls to this pick

3) Lawrence Sidbury OLB Richmond 6-4 251 An All-CAA First Team member, Lawrence Sidbury had 14.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks for national champion Richmond

Ellis will be gone after this year and you need 3 good OLB in the 3-4

4) Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina 6-2 252 Jasper Brinkley has 54 tackles, five TFL and 2.5 sacks... not bad for a guy coming off a nasty knee injury. All-SEC Second Team.

Possible replacement for Brooking in 1-2 years/ Was late first-early second before injury

4) Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan 6-0 306

Was looked at as a possible first round pick before this year

5) David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame 6-2 219 One of the few productive players on Notre Dame this season, David Bruton managed 93 tackles, six passes broken up and three picks

Backup FS and ST

6) Glover Quin CB New Mexico 5-11 204 Looking at the numbers, it's easy to see why Glover Quin was named to the All-Mountain West First Team. Quin registered 53 tackles, 4.5 TFL, five interceptions and an amazing 11 passes broken up

Backup CB

7) Dallas Reynolds C BYU 6-5 328 Voted to the All-Mountain West First Team, Dallas Reynolds was the leader of a unit that blocked for one of the top offenses in the nation

Plays four postions

Thoughts?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Not a bad mock but:

Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan 6-0 306

At 6ft, he has no position to play on this defense. 3-4 DE's are usually 6'4" - 6'6" and he doesn't have the bulk to play NT in my opinion.

Jordan55

Reaction score
TheCount;2694057 said:
Not a bad mock but:

At 6ft, he has no position to play on this defense. 3-4 DE's are usually 6'4" - 6'6" and he doesn't have the bulk to play NT in my opinion.

The Stillman kid would be my pick at this point of the draft also I don't see the Moore kid falling into the third round, I have seen where Gilbert has been dropping don't know why, Small School? he might make a nice choice for this round

dannyboy

Reaction score
Jordan55;2694074 said:
The Stillman kid would be my pick at this point of the draft also I don't see the Moore kid falling into the third round, I have seen where Gilbert has been dropping don't know why, Small School? he might make a nice choice for this round

Thought about Stillman as well. Just wasnt there in this website. If not Moore maybe Hamlin from Clemson

Jordan55

Reaction score
dannyboy;2694079 said:
Thought about Stillman as well. Just wasnt there in this website. If not Moore maybe Hamlin from Clemson

Hamlin could be the choice, I'm favoring Gilbert form San Jose State
maybe moving back into the third with our additional picks for Hamlin

Hamlin
Great size and bulk…Has long arms…Nice instincts…Reads and reacts quickly…Tough and physical…Reliable tackler…Does a terrific job against the run…Good hands and ball skills…Can do some damage in the open field…Active and aggressive…Smart with a fantastic football IQ…Has a ton of experience…A team captain and leader…Productive

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm thinking quite possibly that 4-6 of your top 6 picks will not even be available when you have us picking them. So yeah, if they were there it would represent pretty good value....though I may not take all of those players.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not a fan of the early suggestions.

Duke may be a future starter but he would be the 4th OG here as a rookie provided Holland isn't OD'ing on doughnuts as we speak. We almost have to move Gurode out at center before we replace Kosier because Gurode is slow to make line calls. All that said, with Kosier making line calls Gurode is one the very few guys who can whip nose tackles or strong DTs one on one regularly.

I think the concept we have to go with a SS is fatally flawed.

This team wants a guy at SS who can play FS. That's Ken Hamlin.
You simply can not play in this league solely as an in the box guy.

If we wanted a SS we would have kept RW38 around. If other teams wanted an in the box safety he'd already be signed.

There are now only 2 FS positions on the field.

Overall, I just don't see any immediate help from your draft.
I think Bruton would the one guy with a chance to start for us.

I saw Moore play as a junior and loved him but this past year he was plain poor in coverage and again at the Senior Bowl looked dreadful. He was stiff, clumsy and looked like Roy Williams.

Guys like Delmas, Chung and Rashad Johnson played in the same game and looked much, much better. Then they backed that up looking smoother in the DB drills at the combine.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2694057 said:
Not a bad mock but:

6' 306 is pretty stout

I like the mock alot, dannyboy

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Very good mock, especially if based purely on athletic potential and measurables.

I just don't see a lot of football IQ there. Or instinctive playmakers/leader types.

PokerPro

Benched
Reaction score
2) Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma 6-5 329 Easily an AP All-America first-teamer, Duke Robinson was a monstrous force on a line that was part of one of the greatest offenses in history

I am looking at a need that could start possible this year. Kosier is up after this year

I agree
3) William Moore SS Missouri 6-0 221 William Moore finished the season with 86 tackles, 6.5 TFL, six passes broken up and a pick-six.

Since Ken Hamlin is signed to a 6 year contract(5 left), SS is more needed than FS. Hoping he falls to this pick

Doubt he falls!

3) Lawrence Sidbury OLB Richmond 6-4 251 An All-CAA First Team member, Lawrence Sidbury had 14.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks for national champion Richmond

Ellis will be gone after this year and you need 3 good OLB in the 3-4

Not to keen on using a 3rd rounder on a career backup since we have our bookends Ware/Spencer

4) Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina 6-2 252 Jasper Brinkley has 54 tackles, five TFL and 2.5 sacks... not bad for a guy coming off a nasty knee injury. All-SEC Second Team.

Possible replacement for Brooking in 1-2 years/ Was late first-early second before injury

He doens't fit Brookings position, he's not fast enough to play weakside I.L.B.!
He's more of James posiiton, which James just had his best season, so I can't see it.

4) Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan 6-0 306

Was looked at as a possible first round pick before this year

We need a N.T., to me that's our top priority going into the draft since if Ratlifff gets hurt we got NO ONE to step in, I fully expect one of our top 3 picks to be a N.T.!

5) David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame 6-2 219 One of the few productive players on Notre Dame this season, David Bruton managed 93 tackles, six passes broken up and three picks

Backup FS and ST

I LIKE HIM!

6) Glover Quin CB New Mexico 5-11 204 Looking at the numbers, it's easy to see why Glover Quin was named to the All-Mountain West First Team. Quin registered 53 tackles, 4.5 TFL, five interceptions and an amazing 11 passes broken up

Backup CB

Not bad

7) Dallas Reynolds C BYU 6-5 328 Voted to the All-Mountain West First Team, Dallas Reynolds was the leader of a unit that blocked for one of the top offenses in the nation

Plays four postions

I have him in my mock as well.