Darius Jackson Question

garyv

Reaction score
Does anyone know with his speed could Darius Jackson be a Punt or Kickoff Returner or has he ever
done this in the past ?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Does anyone know with his speed could Darius Jackson be a Punt or Kickoff Returner or has he ever
done this in the past ?

Has what been done in the past? Having a rookie as a return man?

robjay04

Reaction score
The return job is going to be Lucky's to lose. I have a good feeling that this time next year, obtaining a returner will be far away from our list of needs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If he can pick up punt return skills, that'd be a real boost to his chances.

irishline

Reaction score

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I think he can do kicks idk about punts. Punts is definitely Luckys job

I would agree, maybe kickoffs with his the straight line speed, but didn't look like his style would be a fit for punt returns.

Don't know if the FA rookie Ed Eagan makes the team, but he looked really good on kickoffs and punt returns. You can tell he understands the diferent skill sets needed for punt returns and KO. He also has the skill to do both.

garyv

Reaction score
I am fairly certain that he was asking if Darius himself has returned kicks or punts before, not if the team used a rookie to do so.

And to answer his question, he only had 6 kick returns and 0 punt returns at Eastern Michigan (all in 2012 and 2013).

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/darius-jackson-player-stats

Yes that is true was wondering if Darius has done it in the past. There must have been a reason we selected him
since we have Zeke, Morris, McFadden and Dunlap.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Yes that is true was wondering if Darius has done it in the past. There must have been a reason we selected him

Garrett said he was a developmental guy that would not have come here as an UDFA, so that's why they took him. I think they are looking towards 2017, when Mac is gone. I see them going Zeke, Mac, Morris. Hoping to put Jackson on the PS, if they have doubts, he would be the 4th. Like some, I think Dunbar is PUP'd, then may IR'd or dropped all togethter.

chagus

Reaction score
I would agree, maybe kickoffs with his the straight line speed, but didn't look like his style would be a fit for punt returns.

Don't know if the FA rookie Ed Eagan makes the team, but he looked really good on kickoffs and punt returns. You can tell he understands the diferent skill sets needed for punt returns and KO. He also has the skill to do both.

This! Looks like Eagan will come in here and challenge Lucky for the spot. Eagan looks REALLY impressive.

chagus

Reaction score
Darious is Dunbars replacement. Bigger, stronger and looks to be much more durable. Loved what Dunbar did with his limited opportunities but his durability is a huge question mark. Anyone notice Darious' tree trunk thighs? Looks like Earl Campbell, although thats where the comparison ends, for now. Earl was a man amongst boys.