Video: Darius Phillips' Crazy Highlight Reel

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Any Darius Phillips fans? After about the 10th TD I was thinking the video must be close to done. I went to see how much time was left and it wasn't even half over.

I was aware of him from watching WR Corey Davis last year but I had only watched a couple of games. Highlight videos are unreliable but players from smaller schools often don't have much full game video available.

Career numbers...
Kickoff Returns for TDs - 5
Punt Returns for TDs - 1
Interceptions for TDs - 5 on 12 INTs
Fumble Returns for TDs - 1
Fumbles Forced - 4
Passes Broken Up - 35​

He was a WR as a freshman (32 rec. for 479 yards and 2 TDs) before going over to CB.

When I watch the few games available vs good competition, he seems pretty grabby. Not sure if that's just weak technique or covering for deep speed. He's outrunning guys from major fb schools so probably technique. Looks more quick than fast. Interested to see how he tests.

Unfortunately he injured his ankle during Senior Bowl practices.

tm1119

Reaction score
Ya draftbreakdown has had his highlight reel plastered on their home page for a while. Definitely an impressive athlete.

Hard to find enough tape of him actually playing CB to determine if he actually has a future playing D in the NFL or not. Obviously he’ll get drafted on his return skills alone, just a matter of how high based on how he’s evaluated as a CB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's the guy, but man I wouldn't mind an upgrade at returner. I was hoping for Dante Pettis, but this guy would likely be avaialble much later than Pettis.

rkell87

Reaction score
Wow he has shades of Asante Samuel, just kinda appears and intercepts the ball.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's the guy, but man I wouldn't mind an upgrade at returner. I was hoping for Dante Pettis, but this guy would likely be avaialble much later than Pettis.
If we need a returner upgrade that’s even more reason why Beasley or Switzer need to go :facepalm:

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I like Phillips, a very intriguing player...my only knock on him besides his height is that he's not a very good tackler.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Could give us returns, coverage teams, plus xfactor speed on offense. If he is legit on D, that's just a bonus.

Interesting option ...