DaRon Bland Ties Clark to Lead Team in Tackles

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Each had four tackles. But my game ball goes to Bland for sticking his nose in there on the run game. Drafting him in the 5th is really paying off. Just, what a find there, for those of you who dis on McClay.

On the same token, Gallup's tackle on Rush's interception was nice too. Like, he didn't even hesitate and wrapped him up. Makes me think Gallup could maybe play some safety if he had to.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Each had four tackles. But my game ball goes to Bland for sticking his nose in there on the run game. Drafting him in the 5th is really paying off. Just, what a find there, for those of you who dis on McClay.

On the same token, Gallup's tackle on Rush's interception was nice too. Like, he didn't even hesitate and wrapped him up. Makes me think Gallup could maybe play some safety if he had to.
Which makes McLay 1 for 11 in round 5 over the past 10 years. Congrats all around.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Bland is having an all-pro type year. I think he’s our best cb including Diggs.
I wouldn't go this far, just yet. Diggs has proven it. Bland will still have another year to go. But I think things are looking good for both of them. It's a great duo for us to have going forward.

I also think Gilmore was a solid addition.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't go this far, just yet. Diggs has proven it. Bland will still have another year to go. But I think things are looking good for both of them. It's a great duo for us to have going forward.

I also think Gilmore was a solid addition.
Diggs had that one crazy year with11 INTs but the down side of that year was that he gave up a record number of yards to WRs. He’s had 4 INTs since that year. We also know he doesn’t like tackling. Bland had 5 INTs his rookie year and 5 so far this year. He gives up a few plays but nothing like Diggs. He’s also a wiling tackler. He reminds me of Everson Walls.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he was a find in lower part of the rounds. sometimes its good to get lucky and thats how good teams do it, they find gems in lower rounds.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bland might be better value than the last few 1st and 2nd Round Picks we had.

Getting this kind of production from a 5th is pure stealing. Dude is our best Corner and that includes Diggs.
What does that narrative always have to surface about second round picks?? Seems like a sideways jab in order to say something positive about somebody...

we've got lots of good second round picks to go with some of the bad ones. DIGGS career INT #s are on par with some of the best ever he was 2nd Sam is coming around many others too many to list...

No team is perfect picking in the draft and I'm sure lots have had second round draft picks that didn't work out I'd be more concerned if we had a bunch of first round bus which we have not.

But yes, Bland is playing great but where he was picked no longer matters once you're on the team it's just are you playing well or not and he is playing way above good....

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
My goodness, Bland made the best of his opportunity this year. From a financial standpoint, he's added a small fortune to his future earnings. Nicely done, fella.