Darren Woodson hit on Darrell Jackson

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Does anybody have or no where I can find a clip of it. I'm in an argument and remember it not being that vicious or dirty of a hit. Need some proof.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
It injured Jackson, but it was not a dirty hit. The penalty was a big play in that game, if I recall.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Didn't Jackson end up going into convulsions in the locker room after the game because of that hit and had to be taken to the hospital?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2168636 said:
It injured Jackson, but it was not a dirty hit. The penalty was a big play in that game, if I recall.

I thought there wasn't a penalty...just a $75000 fine :banghead:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Future;2168623 said:
Haha, its not in there I've checked. But thanks.
my bad i figured it would be in that. their's actually 2 different clipss of him from that game but not that hit in that highlight.

sacase

Reaction score
Future;2168643 said:
I thought there wasn't a penalty...just a $75000 fine :banghead:

Yeah no penalty, clean hit. NFL said it was a clean hit but due to the VIOLENCE of it and DJ going into convulsions and going tot he hospital they fined him $75,000. BS if I ever heard of it.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Future;2168615 said:
Does anybody have or no where I can find a clip of it. I'm in an argument and remember it not being that vicious or dirty of a hit. Need some proof.

Whether it was dirty is debatable. I'm pretty sure he got flagged and fined. I'm leaning towards it being dirty, he was definitely head-hunting on that one. But I also thought it was kind of funny, because I'm a sick ******* like that. Either way, he learned that it was unwise to go across the middle with DW lurking.

But it was easily one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen, there is no question about that. He nearly got his head torn off.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rampage;2168671 said:
Jackson had a seizure after the game. Darren almost killed him.

Yea looking for the video I came across an article that said they had trouble keeping his airway open for 40 min after the hit.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
sacase;2168657 said:
Yeah no penalty, clean hit. NFL said it was a clean hit but due to the VIOLENCE of it and DJ going into convulsions and going tot he hospital they fined him $75,000. BS if I ever heard of it.

Yeah, you're wrong.

Woodson hit Jackson high and hard to the head in the fourth quarter Sunday. He was penalized on the play, extending the drive that led to the Seahawks' winning field goal in a 17-14 victory.

Remember, he was kneeling down and bummed about getting flagged, as was Roy W.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher;2168860 said:
Is DW grinning in that pic?
waterboy.jpg

Darren Woodson shows no mercy

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
It was a clean hit, but because the damage to Jackson was so devastating, they felt they had to fine him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
To those who said he wasn't penalized did they pick up the flag or something? I remember the play but I don't remember if he got penalized or not but I clearly see in the video where they throw the flag right in the middle of the field a split second after he nailed him. It was a clearly clean shot but I did see the flag and I don't remember now if they picked it up or not.

Plus someone referenced some write up, earlier in this thread, that he did get penalized and it was a big reason why their drive continued and they went on to win that game. I believe that was in the game that Emmitt set the all-time rushing record, correct?