Video: Darren Woodson interview on with ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE***

Qcard

Reaction score
23:30 min mark.

Darren Woodson's office at his commercial real estate firm. Talks about Dak Prescott's work ethic being just Michael Irvin.

Dak was became a leader in lockeroom in 2016

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
23:30 min mark.

Darren Woodson's office at his commercial real estate firm. Talks about Dak Prescott's work ethic being just Michael Irvin.

Dak was became a leader in lockeroom in 2016

This needs to be emphasized again.

Woody's offices in The Star overlooks the practice field. He sees Dak get his work out in, then will go inside. After a bit he will come out and throw. The number four or five receiver, A special teamer. He works. And this reminds Woody of Michael Irvin who was relentless. Nobody out worked Irvin on those 90's teams.

Dak came in his rookie year with Romo on the team and everyone knew he was a leader. The offensive line got behind the kid.

I know there are varying opinions on Dak, but Woody does not heap praise on players that don't pack the gear. If he compares Dak to Irvin in regard to work ethic, that is about as high a praise as one can make about a football player.

Woody added that he wanted to work as hard as Irvin and just couldn't for one reason or another.

I recall the story Woody has told many times that Irvin would get a back up QB and work that slant over and over after practice until he threw up. Woody said he'd never seen someone so dedicated.

So, with this in mind, his praise for Dak as a player with determination, and work ethic is clearly indicating Dak is special.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Woody's brother?

He notes in the show that he had one just pass away.

EDIT: I see it was stomach and liver cancer. Yikes.

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
This needs to be emphasized again.

Woody's offices in The Star overlooks the practice field. He sees Dak get his work out in, then will go inside. After a bit he will come out and throw. The number four or five receiver, A special teamer. He works. And this reminds Woody of Michael Irvin who was relentless. Nobody out worked Irvin on those 90's teams.

Dak came in his rookie year with Romo on the team and everyone knew he was a leader. The offensive line got behind the kid.

I know there are varying opinions on Dak, but Woody does not heap praise on players that don't pack the gear. If he compares Dak to Irvin in regard to work ethic, that is about as high a praise as one can make about a football player.

Woody added that he wanted to work as hard as Irvin and just couldn't for one reason or another.

I recall the story Woody has told many times that Irvin would get a back up QB and work that slant over and over after practice until he threw up. Woody said he'd never seen someone so dedicated.

So, with this in mind, his praise for Dak as a player with determination, and work ethic is clearly indicating Dak is special.
Irvin’s talent at WR and Dak’s talent at QB aren’t on the same planet.