Recap: Darryl 'Moose' Johnston and Charles Haley Interview Recaps on Ticket

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
DARRYL JOHNSTON
  • This weekend you control your destiny and determine the Division. Players love these types of games. One of our biggest victories was in '91 up in Washington and helped us turn the page.
  • Biggest key - don't underestimate Heinicke. I don't think he's the long-term solution but I think it's a good situation with a very good backup. During my WAS/BUF game, we talked about their QBs. Buffalo knew they needed a QB and didn't chase, and ended up with Josh Allen. Heinicke is the same for Washington. They can be very selective on going after a franchise QB.
  • A lot of teams like Dallas went through 4-5 games of injury slump this year.
  • I was same as Zeke, never wanted to be taken off. I would like to see Tony Pollard.
  • Moment for Dak to step up and put to rest what has happened.
  • Frisco, TX. Wed Dec 15th traditional toy drive. Any gift over $30. Autographed pictures for donors.

CHARLES HALEY
  • Annual Xmas Food Drive for TackleTomorrow. 6 schools we work with and a woman's shelter. I'm a pain in the *** for most communities. This is part of giving back. Done a lot of things to try and improve the schools. Computers in school, security cameras, and move the needle.
  • If a kid isn't reading by 3rd grade, he's not going to finish high school. I went to college 2 grade levels behind and James Madison told me I was going to have to earn it. And it was the hardest thing I ever did in my life - to get my college degree.
  • Also did "Design your own cleets" for charity and auctioned at nflauction.nfl.com. I wanted to write badarse on it but they wouldn't let me.
  • When I came in NFL, I was 6'5" 200 lbs. They judged me as a 4th round 200 lber but they didn't see that dog inside. When they did, they got nervous. Cowboys looked at me as 235. Football was a job. I went to work, did best I could. But that's not just who I am, I want to share my brokenness and love for others.
  • Whoever told Jerry to draft Parsons did a hell of a job! Where you going to play him at now with all the studs back? That's a great thing to have! They have a defense that can rush the passer now. I don't know how deep they're going to go but I believe they will run the table.
  • Dak is getting his players back, it's game on! He has shown he can make chicken crap into a salad.
  • A lot of the new guys just punching the clock. But when you have Parsons, Gregory, and Lawrence you have hunting dogs putting fear in people. Extra guys will have to block.
  • They can play Parsons at DE for scrambling QBs. QBs can't outrun him. Parsons takes whatever the offensive line give him, he's not just a speed runner, and he uses it against them. That's what makes him great.
  • If I was Jerry I would trade my draft picks since he already has a nucleus and just find the right veterans to win.
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/t3b1JZz6eYkrQMl08Ztm5JVnBtARSEdSD2cECUuetIfDiT6o-JRtPbfSUZGCwkDs3ftpF5Wi4TwlPvhDNWRmUfGLdXmNS-xPDreUJkE21ccJsZrXDTqNlQ
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/07C9rwz36sbvetfzS8FnhV2a7_X6d82FJjteXCF_GY_AsK23NjUdQG1Hd50n8v7h8RG7CHEUPb6QtjFC1aKeE_AXL1o5pgn2sxiBDSYhNRzQr30AnbZhYpY
img-3526610-f.jpg

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DARRYL JOHNSTON
  • This weekend you control your destiny and determine the Division. Players love these types of games. One of our biggest victories was in '91 up in Washington and helped us turn the page.
  • Biggest key - don't underestimate Heinicke. I don't think he's the long-term solution but I think it's a good situation with a very good backup. During my WAS/BUF game, we talked about their QBs. Buffalo knew they needed a QB and didn't chase, and ended up with Josh Allen. Heinicke is the same for Washington. They can be very selective on going after a franchise QB.
  • I was same as Zeke, never wanted to be taken off. I would like to see Tony Pollard.
  • Frisco, TX. Wed Dec 15th traditional toy drive. Any gift over $30. Autographed pictures for donors.

CHARLES HALEY
  • Annual Xmas Food Drive for TackleTomorrow. 6 schools we work with and a woman's shelter. I'm a pain in the *** for most communities. This is part of giving back. Done a lot of things to try and improve the schools. Computers in school, security cameras, and move the needle.
  • If a kid isn't reading by 3rd grade, he's not going to finish high school. I went to college 2 grade levels behind and James Madison told me I was going to have to earn it. And it was the hardest thing I ever did in my life - to get my college degree.
  • Also did "Design your own cleets" for charity and auctioned at nflauction.nfl.com. I wanted to write badarse on it but they wouldn't let me.
  • When I came in NFL, I was 6'5" 200 lbs. They judged me as a 4th round 200 lber but they didn't see that dog inside. When they did, they got nervous. Cowboys looked at me as 235. Football was a job. I went to work, did best I could. But that's not just who I am, I want to share my brokenness and love for others.
  • Whoever told Jerry to draft Parsons did a hell of a job! Where you going to play him at now with all the studs back? That's a great thing to have! They have a defense that can rush the passer now. I don't know how deep they're going to go but I believe they will run the table.
  • Dak is getting his players back, it's game on! He has shown he can make chicken crap into a salad.
  • A lot of the new guys just punching the clock. But when you have Parsons, Gregory, and Lawrence you have hunting dogs putting fear in people. Extra guys will have to block.
  • They can play Parsons at DE for scrambling QBs. QBs can't outrun him. Parsons takes whatever the offensive line give him, he's not just a speed runner, and he uses it against them. That's what makes him great.
  • If I was Jerry I would trade my draft picks since he already has a nucleus and just find the right veterans to win.
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/t3b1JZz6eYkrQMl08Ztm5JVnBtARSEdSD2cECUuetIfDiT6o-JRtPbfSUZGCwkDs3ftpF5Wi4TwlPvhDNWRmUfGLdXmNS-xPDreUJkE21ccJsZrXDTqNlQ
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/07C9rwz36sbvetfzS8FnhV2a7_X6d82FJjteXCF_GY_AsK23NjUdQG1Hd50n8v7h8RG7CHEUPb6QtjFC1aKeE_AXL1o5pgn2sxiBDSYhNRzQr30AnbZhYpY
img-3526610-f.jpg

Very nice report. Thanks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DARRYL JOHNSTON

CHARLES HALEY
img-3526610-f.jpg

Thanks for the recap. Who is the guy on Irvin's right?

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Nice recap as always! Thanks for the time and effort of writing it up as well as sharing it.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Yes, that's Tolbert. I don't know if it's the angle, but I don't remember him that much taller than Nate and Irvin. Almost looks like he could still play. LOL

I was thinking he should suit up and play this weekend!

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
"I want to share my brokenness and love..." If Haley wants to share his love, you better watch out.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Bump for the good causes at Xmas. Moose hasn't done his yet. Haley's auction may still be going, and his charity is always doing something.