Dave Campo talks about Mike Zimmer on the Matt Mosley Show

Rayman70

Reaction score

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

shabazz

Reaction score
wow, MAYBE we did get this hire right. Hmm.
Could very well be.....I'm more concerned about the players then Zimmer at this point.

It's alot of personell to be aquired to fit his scheme in such a short time if we are truly in an "all in" season

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Only man who has been able to reverse the Jerry Culture since Jimmy was kicked out is Bill Parcells. Zimm is a Parcells Boy as much as Sean Payton. Not a bad hire at all. I think he‘s screwed though because the Cowboys went too deep with the undersized players and had some bad luck at right-size draft picks and injuries to make it worse.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only man who has been able to reverse the Jerry Culture since Jimmy was kicked out is Bill Parcells. Zimm is a Parcells Boy as much as Sean Payton. Not a bad hire at all. I think he‘s screwed though because the Cowboys went too deep with the undersized players and had some bad luck at right-size draft picks and injuries to make it worse.
I think people are overthinking this higher they needed somebody for a quick fix one year one off hopefully you can do more with less depending on what you think you're going to lose and gain free agency for the defense....

With Mike McCarthy on a one year deal this Jerry still out on what they're doing with Prescott's contract they needed someone willing to come in Brazil and get the defense at least stay on track and not take a big step back from Dan Quinn and most of us who saw that last game don't think that's a big deal that he's gone but yes it can always get worse but I doubt it... We still have the players most of them and with three or four or five maybe getting changed out bringing zims kind of guys this is a one year one season one off deal and I don't think it mattered which better and they picked Rex Ryan even Rivera or zim they were going to all have to be working under the same restraints... Just get it done...

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is a little off topic but it is possible and I don't wanna start a rumor that isn't true so I didn't start a new post maybe the mods can do so but I heard that Jimmy Johnson since the Ring of Honor have had phone discussions with Jerry but most recent was after the Green Bay loss he says he's on the Dallas cowboy Advisory Board so I believe he's just acting consultant I think Jerry might be now in good graces with Jimmy enough that we're they've been talking about what to do in the offseason and maybe Mike Zimmer was one of those whispered in jerry's ear by jimmy which would make sense...

So this could be good news I mean if you get anything from the ring of honors that Jimmy and Jerry are on good terms and if they're actually consulting each other and having these kind of conversations this could be a really good offseason, hopefully..​
Don't kill the messenger I just read it somewhere on the Internet today so this could be a good thing, if it's true...​