81885ab295f119f312b63716f3d9305a.jpg

a86c4abcf472ae2b435c4716103e5fc7.jpg

f09380224073a5d799ccbc4e0b95c6e5.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paul Michael Glaser has lost his partner. Starsky and Hutch was a 1970's crime drama that sometimes did not always take itself seriously. It was one of the television series that transitioned the genre from the 1960's into the 1980's.

David Soul was half of the equation that made the show so good. Looking back, he was sort of the Lethal Weapon/Danny Glover to Glaser's Mel Gibson, although neither were exactly like that pair. Soul was one half of the soul of their partnership. He is also best known for Salem's Lot but I will always remember him best as Hutch. Rest in peace, Mr. Soul.

Still (in my opinion) one of the best intro television themes ever made:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Oh, bummer. We used to watch Starsky and Hutch all the time. David Soul also made music. I remember his hit, "Don't Give Up on Us, Baby." It was either Mad or Cracked that did a spoof named "Barfsky and Clutch." This is a huge bummer. RIP, David Soul.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I was big fan of the show, very sad to hear the news. My first car, in fact, was a '76 Gran Torino, like in the show, but it wasn't the "striped tomato" color. I also did slide across the hood of my car, "Starsky and Hutch" style a few times...... lol

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yeah they never showed the scratches in the painting lol. Sliding across the hood in jeans Starsky and Hutch style was a bad idea is what I learned after I got my first car lol.

RIP Hutch. Even though I was a kid of the 80s I loved that show, as they had done a great and really funny dubbing track over here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was big fan of the show, very sad to hear the news. My first car, in fact, was a '76 Gran Torino, like in the show, but it wasn't the "striped tomato" color. I also did slide across the hood of my car, "Starsky and Hutch" style a few times...... lol
That's back when cars were made to be used.

1942willys

Reaction score
BUT as regards using cars nothing matches the Dukes of Hazards

I have heard they crunched thirty of them each season; since only one jump destroyed a vehicle

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yeah they never showed the scratches in the painting lol. Sliding across the hood in jeans Starsky and Hutch style was a bad idea is what I learned after I got my first car lol.

RIP Hutch. Even though I was a kid of the 80s I loved that show, as they had done a great and really funny dubbing track over here.
You had to get a running start and get some momentum going too, those 70's cars were pretty big.......lol

quickccc

Reaction score
My Best Cop/Detective Old School shows classics:

Charlie's Angels
Adam 12
Starsky & Hutch
Baretta
Mod Squad
Hill Street Blues
Spencer for Hire
Knight Rider
TJ Hooker

nobody

Reaction score
huh, I just rewatched his Salem's lot a couple months back. It had been years. RIP David Soul! Thanks for the hours of entertainment with Starsky and Hutch as well as Salem's Lot.

Passepartout

Reaction score
TV shows of the 70's don't make em like they used to. RIP David! Don't forget "Here Come the Brides?!"

Mannix

Reaction score
Awesome show....loved it....and he was great in Magnum Force. However, he was a huge drunk and woman abuser....he was once married to the very hot co-star opposite Stallone in Rambo II.