David Tepper

Flamma

Reaction score
He's been much maligned due to his thin skin and less than classy moments. Say what you want about Tepper, but he's building a great team out there in Chicago.

Is the Bears owner Virginia still alive? God bless her. She should send David an expensive bottle of champagne. Lord knows he'll enjoy it. He's also been known to share it with fans.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He's been much maligned due to his thin skin and less than classy moments. Say what you want about Tepper, but he's building a great team out there in Chicago.

Is the Bears owner Virginia still alive? God bless her. She should send David an expensive bottle of champagne. Lord knows he'll enjoy it. He's also been known to share it with fans.
Doesn't he own the Panthers?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I had to Google the Bears' total trade return for Bryce Young.

Pretty wild! They won the Caleb Williams lottery, got a 1300 yard season out of DJ Moore, drafted Darnell Wright top 10, and got 2 second rounders on top of that. That is what building a core looks like.

ydwkyoflmhmvvgrixzdw.jpg

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Already been discussed, but to give up that much draft capital and then at the moment appear to miss on the best QB of that draft class is the cherry on top.
I feel bad for Panther fans but do enjoy it for Tepper. Dude's a ******

DZSierra

Reaction score
The OP flew right over my head. Actually, grazed me a little and now I'm a little dizzy.
Living in NC and reading the post at first had me scratching my head, but when I thought about it, he's absolutely right.

The issue is Tepper isn't helping his own team.

The guy (Tepper) is definitely an interesting fellow given how smart he is making money.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/charlotte-bar-upset-panthers-owner-david-tepper-posts-new-sign

I was at the Vets office Saturday. A guy came in wearing a Panthers superbowl t shirt. I kept my mouth shut LOL

We did start talking because we were the only two there at the time and I finally asked him about the shirt. He said he wears it as a joke to see if anyone would ask him about it LOL.

There are much larger dumpster fires out there other than Dallas.

Flamma

Reaction score
The issue is Tepper isn't helping his own team.
But his decisions are helping the Bears. D.J. Moore to the Bears. Then they probably picked the wrong QB leading to having the number 1 overall pick which they traded to the Bears. Giving the Bears their potential franchise QB. Having that. now the Bears can use their 9th overall pick on a top 3 WR in the draft. That's not even counting the other pieces the Bears picked up in this trade. I think the Bears still have a Panthers 2025 2nd round pick.

If it all works out for the Bears, they should erect a Tepper statue in Chicago.

csirl

Reaction score
Tepper was a minority owner with the Steelers during their successful years.