News: DC: Broaddus: Young D-Linemen Shine In Win Against Giants

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Breaking down the defensive line in the Dallas Cowboys’ 36-31 victory against the New York Giants:

Anyone that has followed this club over the years knows the names DeMarcus Ware , Jay Ratliff , Jason Hatcher and Anthony Spencer . But until Sunday night at AT&T Stadium, you weren’t so sure of guys like Nick Hayden , George Selvie , Landon Cohen , Jerome Long and Edgar Jones .
With all the injuries along the defensive line this squad endured during training camp, these players were put into some situations where they had no choice but to play at a high level.
Hayden and Selvie were starters against the Giants, while Cohen, Long and Jones came off the bench to provide enough quality snaps for Monte Kiffin to run his scheme without feeling like he had to deal with too many limitations.

Continue reading...

RS12

Reaction score
Precisely why I'd like to see the 2014 draft heavy on the D Line and Marinelli hang around.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Precisely why I'd like to see the 2014 draft heavy on the D Line and Marinelli hang around.

No question that DL help is needed.

But they (the Cowboys) are also going to need to replace Waters at guard because I doubt he plays more than this season.

And while say a first 3 round draft of a DT, G, DE would tickle many Cowboy fan, you know it won't work out that way... Not if the Cowboys follow their board rather than drafting for need.

RamziD

Reaction score

But they (the Cowboys) are also going to need to replace Waters at guard because I doubt he plays more than this season.

And while say a first 3 round draft of a DT, G, DE would tickle many Cowboy fan, you know it won't work out that way... Not if the Cowboys follow their board rather than drafting for need.

Throw in a S. Don't want to have to rely on Matt Johnson or put all our eggs in one basket with Wilcox.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score

Yeah that draft sounds nice, but like you just said....noway we can draft with that much need involved.

I still look towards free agency to fill a hole or two.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Mike,

Don't forget that we need a TE in the second round too!