DC.COM: Blog: Expect Cowboys To Pull Out All The Stops

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Expect Cowboys To Pull Out All The Stops
Posted by nickeatman at 10/31/2008 4:13 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva]On this holiday of trickery, don’t be surprised if the Cowboys carry it out for the entire weekend. After all, that might just be their best shot to beat the Giants on Sunday.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Not saying there were be a handful of reverse passes or hidden-ball tricks, but expect to see a few unconventional plays this weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Second-team quarterback Brooks Bollinger even sounded coy this week when asked just how many first-team snaps he was getting this week. Bollinger has received a few here in the last couple of days, a little more than usual for the No. 2 quarterback.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]But it doesn’t stop there. Don’t be surprised if you see some other new wrinkles in the offense, trying to get the ball into the hands of their speedy playmakers.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]The Cowboys have no other choice. They’re not just going to stand back and let the Giants take control of the division without a fight. [/FONT]

- Nick Eatman

David276

Benched
Reaction score
dc. com sucks for articles . you cant expect honest journalism from them .

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wish they would do an onsides kick from the get go. Only about 15-20 yards worse than normal anyway.

notherbob

Reaction score
Cbz40;2387435 said:
Expect Cowboys To Pull Out All The Stops
Posted by nickeatman at 10/31/2008 4:13 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva]On this holiday of trickery, don’t be surprised if the Cowboys carry it out for the entire weekend. After all, that might just be their best shot to beat the Giants on Sunday.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Not saying there were be a handful of reverse passes or hidden-ball tricks, but expect to see a few unconventional plays this weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Second-team quarterback Brooks Bollinger even sounded coy this week when asked just how many first-team snaps he was getting this week. Bollinger has received a few here in the last couple of days, a little more than usual for the No. 2 quarterback.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]But it doesn’t stop there. Don’t be surprised if you see some other new wrinkles in the offense, trying to get the ball into the hands of their speedy playmakers.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]The .[Cowboys have no other choice. They’re not just going to stand back and let the Giants take control of the division without a fight./SIZE] [/FONT]

- Nick Eatman

Yeah, right. If they show any team spirit at all I will be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately that seems to be out of character for them this year.

I wish it were otherwise but it is what it is and I'll believe it when I see it.

Damn, I have gotten cynical in my old age.

Mansta54

Reaction score
notherbob;2387700 said:
Yeah, right. If they show any team spirit at all I will be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately that seems to be out of character for them this year.

I wish it were otherwise but it is what it is and I'll believe it when I see it.

Damn, I have gotten cynical in my old age.

You must have missed the Bucs game then because they showed plenty of spirit and character. Plenty!!!

MagicMan

Reaction score
The only difference I see will be a short leash on BJ......if he comes out inaccurate, slow, lethargic and most importantly, throws an interception; would not be surprised to see Bollinger in there.

This game will determine if the 'Boys will be playing for the division title after the bye, or if they will be playing for a wildcard.

"That's why they play the game" (in a Herm Edwards voice)

dallas2G

Reaction score
I've been so trained by the Bill Parcells close to the vest offense...I have serious doubts we'll try anything new. I hope we do.

We have plenty of guys that can run the Wildcat offense....but I doubt we'll use it. I hope I'm wrong.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Why don't we run direct snaps to Stanback where he can pitch it to Barber, throw it to Owens/Williams/Witten/Bennett/Crayton or just run it himself?

arglebargle

Reaction score
I expect to see a reverse; and then later a long pass by Stanback or Crayton off another reverse. Really, if there is a time for pulling out all your tricks, this is it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't a game, it's a fight.

Punch, or get punched.

shnagy

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2387929 said:
Why don't we run direct snaps to Stanback where he can pitch it to Barber, throw it to Owens/Williams/Witten/Bennett/Crayton or just run it himself?

Because it's not the NCAA. Defenses are a little more disciplined in the NFL. I don't think that would work against the Gints. Especially with Stanback running it, who has never shown anything except for the ability to get hurt.

goshan

Reaction score
I think Bollinger will see some time and we will have a few trick plays up our sleeve.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2387659 said:
I wish they would do an onsides kick from the get go. Only about 15-20 yards worse than normal anyway.

LOL if it was only 15-20 yards, teams would do it everytime! LOL
It's more like 30-35 yard difference.