U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcc_060605_200.jpg

June 6, 2005, 6:07 PM (CDT)

Click the link for pics. Enjoy guys... :cool:

[size=-1]DCC 2006 Calendar Shoot Daily Photos![/size]

IRVING, Texas - Over the past few years the Dominican Republic (DR) has caught the attention of celebrities, seasoned travelers and families alike thanks to the country's unrivaled beaches, countless attractions and legendary hospitality. Now, the country that gave us Oscar de la Renta and Sammy Sosa has attracted the world-famous Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders for their 2006 swimsuit calendar photo shoot in various locations on the DR's eastern coast.

The shoot, featured 23 squad members and a 28-person crew comprised of hair and makeup artists, photographers, videographers and assistants. The calendar was shot by three photography teams, each led by a highly acclaimed photographer. Among them were fashion photographers and veterans to the Cowboys Cheerleaders swimsuit calendar project, Bobby Badger and Wade Livingston. To best capture the breathtaking scenery, renowned Dominican photographer Alex Otero was invited to participate, thereby adding a bit of local flavor. In addition, a crew from ESPN television was onsite to film a special program for the network highlighting the seven-day shoot.

"The Dominican Republic is fast becoming the Caribbean's most popular destination, and for good reason," notes Dominican Republic Minister of Tourism, Felix Jimenez. "We're honored to have our tropical paradise grace the pages of the infamous Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders swimsuit calendar."

Among the locations for the calendar were the Melia Caribe Tropical, the host hotel for the cheerleaders, and the Punta Cana Golf and Beach Resort, both in Punta Cana. Additional locations included the celebrity hideout, Casa de Campo in La Romana.

"We had several Caribbean locations available to us for the 2006 calendar shoot but the Dominican Republic stood out as the most beautiful," said Kelli Finglass, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders head coach. "The virgin white beaches and azure-colored waters were exactly what we wanted as a backdrop, not to mention the luxurious villas at Casa de Campo. The DR's legendary hospitality is already evident in the assistance we've received and the excitement we've seen relevant to our upcoming visit."

All travel arrangements for the event, including air, hotel and ground transportation were provided by Vacations by Adventure Tours (www.vacationsbyadventure.com) and Funjet Vacations (www.funjet.com). To be sure the cheerleaders get a little "R and R" during their time in the DR, the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism has arranged for cheerleaders and staff to participate in a traditional Dominican fiesta the night of their arrival, May 28. In addition, Vacations by Adventure Tours and Funjet Vacations organized a beach volleyball tournament and spa treatments at some of the area's most luxurious resorts.

Through a contest sponsored by Vacations by Adventure Tours, Funjet Vacations and the Dallas-area ESPN radio affiliate, six people won trips to the Dominican Republic and access to the Cowboys Cheerleaders shoot. Rich in history, the Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Since then, it has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors. At 10,000 feet, the Dominican Republic is home to the highest point in the Caribbean. It also features some of the best golf courses and beaches in the world, the largest marina in the Caribbean and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families. For more information on the Dominican Republic, visit www.dr1.com.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news_camp_notes.cfm?id=53ED5315-9582-669D-CABEA375AA6362AA</FONT>

Duane

Reaction score
In case someone hasn't told you lately, you rock!

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
thanks but too bad the pictures (not the chicks) are crappy quality :banghead:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jacs said:
thanks but too bad the pictures (not the chicks) are crappy quality :banghead:
Really Jacs. There were alot of pics on each of those pages. I really wouldn't be able to tell, but they looked alright to me. But then I wasn't looking that closely either.

Duane: No problem. I thought this article belonged here rather than the main forum.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Really Jacs. There were alot of pics on each of those pages. I really wouldn't be able to tell, but they looked alright to me. But then I wasn't looking that closely either.

the pics are too small :banghead:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rude said:
He wants the pics life size :eek:
oh ok...I forgot I was talking to Mr. Horny Toad...:p:

BTW, thx all. Now it wouldn't hurt my feelings if any of this board luv is returned...in kind :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

BTW, thx all. Now it wouldn't hurt my feelings if any of this board luv is returned...in kind :D
Don't get Jacs all excited thinking you are gonna return some love :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Don't get Jacs all excited thinking you are gonna return some love :D
Uhmm, I meant I want some pics, too!!! :(

You guys get to drool over pics. I want to drool, too. :D

of men, that is... :cool:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Uhmm, I meant I want some pics, too!!! :(

You guys get to drool over pics. I want to drool, too. :D

of men, that is... :cool:
I gave you all the eye candy Mrs Yeager would allow :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
I gave you all the eye candy Mrs Yeager would allow :D
:puke: And my stomach is still recovering from it...

:laugh2:

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/brows.gif