DC.COM: Wade Has Confidence In Choice..

Reaction score
Coach Wade Phillips said Monday that Tashard Choice has earned the Cowboys' confidence after totaling 166 yards on 28 touches in Week 14.

Phillips observed that Choice was also effective in blitz pickup and did it in an extremely difficult matchup with Pittsburgh. If Marion Barber's toe "limits" him when he returns, Choice and MBIII could share the backfield. If Barber is 100 percent, though, he's likely to retain featured-back status.
Source: dallascowboys.com

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474330 said:
Coach Wade Phillips said Monday that Tashard Choice has earned the Cowboys' confidence after totaling 166 yards on 28 touches in Week 14.

Phillips observed that Choice was also effective in blitz pickup and did it in an extremely difficult matchup with Pittsburgh. If Marion Barber's toe "limits" him when he returns, Choice and MBIII could share the backfield. If Barber is 100 percent, though, he's likely to retain featured-back status.

heck yeah! Choice looked really good yesterday. :starspin

bigE79

Reaction score

that hit on harrison was sweet:star:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
bigE79;2474381 said:
that hit on harrison was sweet:star:

It was. But let's be real. Harrison jumped up in the air. That was a block waiting to happen, one any back could execute.

punit328

Reaction score
I really like this kid, he really stepped up yesterday, hes legit. I think next season that we should use a 3 back attack, just like the Giants do. I would like to see that but Garrett would be too stubborn to use them like that.

Smith22

Reaction score
Kudos to Choice. He was awesome. He exceeded expectations with his catching ability.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was very proud of Tashard yesterday.

His vision is very impressive. Pure runner.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
punit328;2474454 said:
I really like this kid, he really stepped up yesterday, hes legit. I think next season that we should use a 3 back attack, just like the Giants do. I would like to see that but Garrett would be too stubborn to use them like that.

Absolutely, I was going to post the same thing.

He and Felix have earned it.

The 3-headed monster.

Keep Barber fresh for the 2nd half, and the 4th quarter.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2474386 said:
It was. But let's be real. Harrison jumped up in the air. That was a block waiting to happen, one any back could execute.

We need a gif of that play. That was hilarious. Harrison looked foolish. :lmao2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
On a related note. He doesn't look blazing fast, but reminds me of a young Emmitt Smith. Nothing wrong with being compared to the all time rushing leader.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

What impressed me was his 28 touches.

Marion has had 28+ touches in four games this season. Choice didn't look tired by the play or overwhelmed by the pass-defense duties.

I hate to say it, but it might be hard keeping him because it's gonna be hard working him into the gameplan with Barber and Jones back next year. Maybe we can employ a 3-headed monster at RB and ensure that Barber isn't banged up late in the year, but I wish it'd also work by featuring one guy or another in different games.

Tell me there isn't a Cowboys fan that, despite the loss, didn't say "man but Tashard Choice!" :)

btcutter

Reaction score
Easy to have confidence in Choice after yesterday's performance. However, why is this coaching staff so inept at evaluating talent?????!!!!

We had Molland (sp) and keep using Proctor. We have Choice but never gave this kid any work until there was no "choice".

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Choice showed some game yesterday. Of course the steelers had next to nothing to look at before the game on him but he did play well.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw the title of this thread and thought it was going to be about Wade talking about great choices at an all you can eat buffet.

On a serious note. Choice did really well and I am happy for him.

However as others have said, it sucks that we had to wait this long and have injuries to our 1st and 2nd RB to get him some carries.

But at the very least we now know we have good depth and have the ability to rotate RBs to keep them fresh during the season or be secure knowing we have a quality RB in case one of the others get injured...better late than never.:confused:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2474386 said:

Yes, but more importantly, Harrison was anticipating that Choice was going to go low and he could simply jump over him. Most RBs that size probably would, considering that Harrison is a pretty imposing figure. Props to Choice for standing strong -- he was prepared to man up!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474550 said:
Yes, but more importantly, Harrison was anticipating that Choice was going to go low and he could simply jump over him. Most RBs that size probably would, considering that Harrison is a pretty imposing figure. Props to Choice for standing strong -- he was prepared to man up!

Never thought about that. Thanks. :)