News: DC: Scout's Eye: Cowboys' Discipline & Ability To Run Will Decide This Game

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – As is tradition, here are my two biggest keys to deciding this game against Green Bay on Sunday afternoon. The Dallas Cowboys Win If:

Continue reading...

1921a12131044bfda1faf98e09456207.jpg

Scout's Eye: Cowboys' Discipline & Ability To Run Will Decide This Game
Friday, October 06, 2017 9:26 AM CDT
broaddus.jpg

By Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/Scout @BryanBroaddus

FRISCO, Texas – As is tradition, here are my two biggest keys to deciding this game against Green Bay on Sunday afternoon.

The Dallas Cowboys Win If:

The more I study, the more I come the realization that this game is going to hinge on one simple word: discipline.

Do the Cowboys have the discipline to face Aaron Rodgers and get enough stops in this game to allow their offense to go to work on this Packers defense? Player for player, the Cowboys are just as good or better than the Packers. Where the Packers have an advantage -- and this is no disrespect to Dak Prescott-- but Aaron Rodgers elevates the level of his teammates, and that’s the biggest difference.

To defeat Rodgers you need to play with discipline, which means you can’t drop a coverage in the secondary, miss an assignment or be caught on the field with 12 men switching personnel. Rodgers forces you to play a perfect game with his ability and quarterback savvy. He’s at his absolute best playing the chess game. He’s thinking plays ahead while you’re trying to keep up.

Where opponents have had success against him is making him throw from the pocket and not on the edge. He is similar to Prescott in that regard. When on the move, he will make you pay. His throws from the pocket are generally quick ones or over the top. Dallas will need to squeeze him from the outside and make him step up into the rush. When he feels that type of pressure, he will generally go to the ground.

Affect his eye level and you affect his game.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...wboys-discipline-ability-run-will-decide-game

[edited by staff to add content]

Last edited by a moderator:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Content added.

Discipline always an issue as it applies to execution especially.

As always TO Diff, pass pressure, and pass defense Diff is front and center. Add in STs play and FP to that. QB play gets plugged into that equation with the pass defense Diff. You pass better than they defend and vice versa you are ahead of the curve.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Content added.

Discipline always an issue as it applies to execution especially.

As always TO Diff, pass pressure, and pass defense Diff is front and center. Add in STs play and FP to that. QB play gets plugged into that equation with the pass defense Diff. You pass better than they defend and vice versa you are ahead of the curve.

You could have just said Passer Rating Differential ;)

J_Robinson

Reaction score
The Packers havnt really been the 'Packers of late' this season. You guys have a good shot I think. But the title of this thread is spot on IMO.

Big D

Reaction score
Run the ball. Convert on third downs. Keep Rodgers on the sideline. Simple.