DCFanatic Opinion - April 30th

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
dcfopinion-apr30.jpg

canters

Reaction score
If Spencer helps out pressuring the QB, gets 7-9 sacks, and knocks the crap out of McNabb in the process of beating the Eagles, I will be pleased. The defense can't help but improve.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1483942 said:

i dont know about the hype on marten, but i'd say that doug free will be the eventual replacement for flozell. marten might be a guard.

sago1

Reaction score
Yes, agree that Doug Free replaces Flozel next year. In fact I'd love to see Free really challenge Adams this year but Free needs this 1 year to develop and bulk up. His participation in next year's offseason weight conditioning program will take care of everything. Great pick.

canters

Reaction score
If this draft looks good 2-3 yrs from now, credit must go to Ireland. I hope Jerry ain't out there with a stop watch and clip board. I heard he watches tape, but my guess is Ireland is the man behind JJ.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
canters;1484094 said:
If this draft looks good 2-3 yrs from now, credit must go to Ireland. I hope Jerry ain't out there with a stop watch and clip board. I heard he watches tape, but my guess is Ireland is the man behind JJ.

Ireland is a big part of it but credit should also go to Jones. It gets old seeing Jerry blamed for any thing bad and not credited for any thing good.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LatinMind;1484069 said:
i dont know about the hype on marten, but i'd say that doug free will be the eventual replacement for flozell. marten might be a guard.

sago1;1484086 said:
Yes, agree that Doug Free replaces Flozel next year. In fact I'd love to see Free really challenge Adams this year but Free needs this 1 year to develop and bulk up. His participation in next year's offseason weight conditioning program will take care of everything. Great pick.
Agreed on Free.

And I'd add that I don't get the Jerry slight on the Stanback pick. Apparently a lot of teams had him as a 3rd/4th round pick. Since we're set at WR this year, why not pick a developmental guy with major upside for the future rather than a high pick on a guy that would just be sitting as well?

canters

Reaction score
I still believe that this is a sleeper type draft that will pay off down the road. It was not sexy at all, but provided potentially 4 starters, 5 if you count the kicker.