DCFanatic Post Game Report - Cowboys 21, Colts 14

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
starheader-nov19.gif

November 19, 2006 ---

Now That's The Team I Have Been Waiting To See

Grit, grime, toughness, mojo, moxie. Those are just a few of the words I would use to describe what I saw from the Dallas Cowboys out there today in that big, big win over the Colts! These guys did something today that can lead them to big things come January and hopefully February. The defense didn't completely shut down Peyton Manning, but no one does in the NFL. What they did was force him to make enough mistakes to allow the Cowboys to win the game. Tony Romo had a rough start and then bounced back big time in the second half to get the job done. The running game took a while to get going, but then again it's not how you start - it's how you finish. The coaching staff had a great game plan on both sides of the football and they should get as much credit as the players do for this win. As a Cowboy fan I could not be happier right now. I have even decided to wait until tomorrow to call for the release of Mike Vanderjagt. Let him keep his locker until Monday afternoon. Great job Dallas Cowboys!!!

Julius Jones and Marion Barber III Are Quite A Combo
These two guys provide a very good one-two punch and I think they are only going to get better over the last six games. Jones has become very effective in taking the yards that are there for him. He wiats very patiently now for the hole to open and then uses his great burst to shoot the gap. That screen pass at the end of the game was just a huge bonus from JJ because catching passes is not his strongest suit. Great job Julius Jones! Barber is the protypical Bill Parcells 'do anything that needs to be done' running back. He is money inside the five yard line and always fights like a mad dog to get over that goal line. The Cowboys have faith in him to be the third down back because he does a great job of picking up the blitz. MBIII does the dirty work and he loves doing it time and time again. Great job Marion Barber III!

Bobby Carprenter and Al Singleton Did A Great Job
At halftime I was reminded that the Cowboys were without Greg Ellis. The fact that his position of OLB opposite Demarcus Ware was never brought to our attention during this game for a negative play tells me that Carpenter and Singleton did a fine job. Carpenter was out there flying around and he should only get better and better the more he plays. The kid has talent and it's ok if takes him a little while to become an impact player. Singleton starts off the game by blowing up a running play and I'm jumping around yelling out 'get 'em Alshermond!' This guy hasn't played much at all over the first nine games, but he came right in and played like the pro that he is. The LB'ing unit is easily the strongest and deepest position on this team so I think the defense will be ok without Greg Ellis. Great job Bobby and Al!

Coach Parcells Has Been Waiting For These 'Catalytic' Plays On Defense
There could not have been a better time for the defense to come up with four big turnovers in a game. The Colts offense will tear up a defense if you allow them to sit and play football without pressuring Peyton Manning. The pass rush was molesting Manning just enough at times to force him into some tight passes and the Cowboys came away with two of them. What's even better is that each one caused a seven point swing in the Cowboys favor. Kevin Burnett's pick and return for a TD was a great play that changed the entire momentum of the game back in favor of the Cowboys to begin the third quarter. His awareness to get up and make a few moves on his way to the house was simply dynamic. Roy Williams made a great play down on the goalline by knocking Dallas Clark down within the five yard area and then being aware enough to pick off the Manning pass heading his way. These are the types of plays that help win games and let's hope we see more of them in the last six games of the season. Great job to the entire Cowboys defense!

Offensive Thoughts...
After Flozell Adams whiffed on that block against Dwight Freeney the offensive line settled down nicely and did not allow a sack the rest of the game. Way to go O-Line! Terry Glenn got back involved in the offense in a big way in helping the Cowboys score 14 points in the 4th quarter. Gotta give T.O. some credit for his block on Marion Barber's first TD run. Jason Witten and Anthony Fasano didn't light up the stats chart, but they did have big time clutch catches. Tony Romo is the real deal !!!

Defensive Thoughts...
Game ball goes to this unit. There were some bumps and bruises, but that's a great offense you guys just held to 14 points. Throw in the 4 turnovers created and I say you guys are a top three NFL defense right now!

Special Teams Toughts...
I love Mat McBriar. I hate Mike Vanderjagt.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
BEST thought of the day!

Special Teams Toughts...
I love Mat McBriar. I hate Mike Vanderjagt.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1174972 said:
Are we happy today? HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!

I am.

I have been taking a "Wait and Buy" attitude with regards to buying a Romo Jersey. I was going to wait until he got us into the Playoffs but im thinking about running down to the Pro Shop in Irving Mall during lunch time and buying one and hanging that baby up in the office ;) .

- Mike G.