Video: Def Asst Coach - George Edwards: Another Good Piece

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Tomsula and Edwards are the two best hires for the D.

Excellent coaches.

elite.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm far more hopeful of this defensive staff than I was with what we've had in the past. I'm also quite hopeful that it'll remain that way. We'll see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m excited about the staff. Player talent hasn’t really been an issue for us that much, the staff employing it has been.

Agreed that coaching sucks, but dont kid yourself about the defense. The talent overall has been lacking for as long as I can remember.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m excited about the staff. Player talent hasn’t really been an issue for us that much, the staff employing it has been.

Tomsula and Edwards are A+ defensive coaches.

after that, there is a big drop off. Especially at LB and CB/DB.

most of them worked for big Mike or played for him.

or were big buddies, like Nolan.

817Gill

Reaction score
Lol there’s one poster, forgot who specifically, who HATES George Edwards. When we hired him he was sooo pissed. I brought up the fact that he was LB’s coach (he also coordinated blitz packages with the double A gap being his bread and butter) and Minnesota’s LB’s were very good last year.

Dude told me to go find a quote where the LB’s specifically attributed anything to Edwards like that’s something findable lol. Only on CZ do you find the most irrational hatred.

ghst187

Reaction score
Tomsula and Edwards are A+ defensive coaches.

after that, there is a big drop off. Especially at LB and CB/DB.

most of them worked for big Mike or played for him.

or were big buddies, like Nolan.

swapping out JG and Marinelli for Mike and Nolan was like swapping out techno bowl for Madden 2020.