Defending our defense!

tunahelper

Reaction score
Folks we cannot blame the defense for protecting the lead for 3 quarters.
We were unable to get a first down and our Defense wore out!
This offense is to blame for the piss poor performance.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
tunahelper said:
Parcells is pathetic - I'm changing my sig right now.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
I thought the defense, with the exception of A. Henry was pretty stout.

Cant blame them for tiring in the 2nd half when our offense couldnt keep the ball 60 seconds.

gbrittain

Reaction score
tunahelper said:

The offense gets an F...I mean Bledsoe.

The defense gets a D-. No excuses accepted.

jlust22

Reaction score
The defense was pretty awful after the first quarter. Jax WR's totally outplayed Dallas' CB's and the pass was non-existent yet again. Until this team finds a way to rush the passer on a consistent basis, the defense will never be the great unit they are projected to be.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i can smell zimmer's vanilla from here

i thought the second year he was gonna be more aggressive etc....

ultra5

Reaction score
tunahelper said:

we can thank Roy Williams for handing them the 1st 3 of 24 UNANSWERED points.

you cannot do that and win. especially on the road. :bang2:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tunahelper said:
Yes you can blame the defense. Great defenses make stops when they have to make stops. It was pathetic the way the couldn't make a stop just before the half. I knew then the game was gone. I've seen it too many times.

sago1

Reaction score
Our defense played well only in the first quarter. After that we played like we did the last half of 05 season. Couldn't get to the QB, couldn't stop the run & couldn't stop a bunch of unknown (relatively speaking) WR's making plays for Leftwich.

I'm not happy and don't remind me we playing a 12-4 team. We showed we didn't belong in the same game with them. Based on this game, unless some improvement/fires lightened, we are a 8-8 time. Depending on Skins & Giants tonite & tomorrow nite, we could be in last place in East. We better come out smoking against the Skins next Monday nite.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
how is it parcells fault??/
Horrible play calling. Draw play on 3rd and 14 - Run play close to the endzone on second down - hand off on 3rd and 3 - meanwhile; Jacksonville was very aggressive - taking shots down field, letting their tall receiver go up for the ball - We took no shots, and when we did , Bledsoe under threw it.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
our pressure against the other teams QB is a joke, we pretty much have to blitz the whole D to even have a chance of putting any pressure against the other team

Gaede

Reaction score
Zimmer is awful.

We've brought in so many new players, changed the entire system and yet still have the same problems on D.

There's only one constant=Zimmer

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Whether or not they should need it, this defense needs more help from its own offense.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Clove said:
Horrible play calling. Draw play on 3rd and 14 - Run play close to the endzone on second down - hand off on 3rd and 3 - meanwhile; Jacksonville was very aggressive - taking shots down field, letting their tall receiver go up for the ball - We took no shots, and when we did , Bledsoe under threw it.
so lets just cut all our rbs and stop running all together.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Clove said:

Parcells wasnt calling plays

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
so lets just cut all our rbs and stop running all together.
Don't mind running the ball, but at some point you have to throw on 2nd and 2 or 3rd and 2. Don't be so obvious.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
one constant you can always count on: Zimmer doesn't do a good job of making adjustments. I always believe the bend dont break rule on D. Hold those 2 Td's to field goals and your ok. The cornerbacks were lost for a good part of the day,Henry was terrible,and we couldn't get them off the field after the 1st quarter. Looked like last years team out their today

Dwight

Reaction score
The defense only needs a consistent pass rush. I blame Parcells and Zimmer for that problem. That should have been addressed this past offseason.