Demarcus Lawrence is having a very good year

Techsass

Reaction score
DLaw

Only 2 sacks so far, but everything else has been outstanding.

Lawrence sets the edge in the run game as well as any defensive end in the NFL. He can do so with power, but he can redirect and showcase his athleticism if need be and chase plays from the back side. While this might sound like praise for Lawrence’s run defense at the expense of his pass rush, he also produces in that part of of the game. Lawrence has two sacks with 21 pressures and 18 hurries. Also, his 80.6 pass-rush grade is 14th in terms of edge defenders, per PFF.

Cowboys' defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has the luxury of lining up Lawrence on the interior on occasion as well, which gives the team the flexibility that makes this defense so tough to deal with for the opposition. Lawrence has a defensive grade of 90.9 for the season so far, which is fifth in the league for all edge rushers behind Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, T.J. Watt, and Maxx Crosby. This also makes Lawrence the highest-graded player on the Cowboys in 2023 at the moment.

Techsass

Reaction score
M.I.A. sacks after signing big contract. More like Tanked Lawrence.
Yeah like I said he only has 2 sacks so far,... but "Lawrence has two sacks with 21 pressures and 18 hurries. Also, his 80.6 pass-rush grade is 14th in terms of edge defenders, per PFF." Heck "This also makes Lawrence the highest-graded player on the Cowboys in 2023 at the moment."

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Kinda like Anthony Spencer.....under appreciated because he didn't get the big sack numbers but got lots of pressures, was solid at run defense and at setting the edge!

Techsass

Reaction score
Kinda like Anthony Spencer.....under appreciated because he didn't get the big sack numbers but got lots of pressures, was solid at run defense and at setting the edge!
I always wonder how folks can watch a game & not notice how many splash plays he has.